Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK so I'm broke but I'll be ok once I can still...

Options
  • 21-11-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

afford Barry's tea, coz everything is better after a cuppa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Lyons ftw!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Coffee is much nicer than tea.

/controversy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Tetley tea FTW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

/controversy

End of thread right there! If it's not coffee it's not worth talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

When you can't afford Barry's, McGrath's from Aldi does the job

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Lyons gold blend.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Coffee ftw. And proper stuff, none of that instant muck.

If had to drink tea, Barrys all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

A hot mug of strong sweet tea and a bar of choccie to dip it in always does the job.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

/controversy
    *Commits modicide.* :D

For me, I suppose so long as I can feed me and mine and keep the oul interweb going and things like that. I'm pretty cheap to run so... :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Earl grey... nothing like it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I like both coffee and tea...

but I'm fúcking sick of being broke. Three years of this shít is enough. I'm ready to start making my fortune now kthnx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

On the dole in Bordeaux...you got to love the EU!!! Loving the yearly long "holiday" and loving that i can afford Pomperol, St Emilion, Medoc wines...thou after a night back from Fondue I can live without the smelly cheese. Thankfully a few bottles of Alsace washed away the cheesy smell. Followed by some Cote D'Or dark chocolate. Loving being on the dole in France ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I could never get the hang of coffee. I tried a couple of times, normally around exams in college until i discovered that eating decent food did a much better job of keeping me awake.

I could just never get the hang of the taste of it, like beer i suppose. Tea on the other hand, man, i love me a nice big, sweet cup of tea. Especially when you just get in from a walk home from work in the rain.

Pure winage.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hot chocolate > coffee > tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Decent ground coffee

(a hug also helps)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Morrocian mint tea, body butter(eczema is a bitch) and apple pie(if you have an addiction make it a healty one:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

I'm the sole tea drinker in our house and am a fan of Barrys Gold Blend but someone done the shopping and bought Superquinn own brand cos they were 99c for a box. I never noticed the difference an I take my tea black with no sugar... Maybe I should post in Bargain Alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

krudler wrote: »
    hot chocolate > coffee > tea.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh yeah.

A nice hot chocolate is always awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'm hopinh this is a bit tongue-in-cheek and that most people are not saying they don't really care how broke they get as long as they can still afford their favourite hot beverage? :confused::P

Cause I really care about a lot of material things I won't have if I end up broke. I don't want to miss my car, living in the city centre, going on holidays, going out for meals, etc, etc. I worked damn hard and saved so much to get to where I am, from being an impoverished, debt-ridden student and I will not be giving up luxuries without A LOT of complaining and whinging and cries of "it's not fair!"

And I like instant coffee. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

barrys FTW actually not even FTW, it is the only daily brand worth drinking.
    Re if I am truly broke what luxury could i not live without .... there is nothing i could not live without, but my biggest indulgence and the one i would miss the most is my cleaning lady, 2 hrs everyweek to re introduce order into the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Malari wrote: »
    I'm hoping this is a bit tongue-in-cheek and that most people are not saying they don't really care how broke they get as long as they can still afford their favourite hot beverage? :confused::P

Haha no, the thread just derailed a little into discussions about coffee v's tea etc (Or i guess it didn't derail cos it never started on the right topic in the first place! :p)

Green tea FTW :D

On topic, I don't care how broke I get as long as I have my health & my family.....and my car/computer :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Absolutely nothing worse than getting home from work, fancying a nice cup of tea, you boil the kettle, get a cup, a spoon, take the milk out of the fridge, then.... no teabags, arrrggghhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

If there are cookies to dunk in the tea, then it's a very good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

YORKSHIRE TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! ftw really!

Pisses all over other tea!
    yum!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

jokettle wrote: »
    If there are cookies to dunk in the tea, then it's a very good day :)

Oh I'd really love some cookies now :eek:. If only I had chocolate chips in the house, I'd whip up a batch in an instant!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

I didn't mean the thread to be about hot beverages specifically. thought it might have expanded a bit, who knew there were so many people who love tea as much as me, ah how it pleases me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well being the oul scabby student that I am, I buy the massive bag of teabags (few hundred in there) for 6yo yo's in Tesco.
    Don't ask me what the brand is, its a red bag and it lasts a lifetime!*

(By lifetime I do in fact mean about the length of a semester!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Having tea or coffee is prolonging the misery OP as far as I'm concerned. Leaves and hot water...that needs milk and sugar to make tastable..pah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Don't particularly like tea... or coffee. I'm just obsessed with that chocolate that has those crunchy bits that pop when you put it in your mouth, mmm! Only a euro for a big bar too, hopefully I'll never be too broke that I can't afford it. Although, I'll probably have moved on to something else by next week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

El_Drago wrote: »
    When you can't afford Barry's, McGrath's from Aldi does the job

Oh my mum buys this brand I think it's nice :D It mightn't take everyones fancy but I have started drinking some herbal teas, I am loving strawberry and I have seen such a change in my moods I am so much more relaxed and not on edge all the time :rolleyes:

Advertisement