Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Players In Football Manager 2011

Options
  • 21-11-2010 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Anyone come across some gems yet? I signed Roque Santa Cruz for a measly 3.5 million and he's on 16 goals in 23 starts.

The guy is well worth a punt in my opinion:cool:

Anyone come across some surprise packages or little known gems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

zimovain wrote: »
    Anyone come across some gems yet? I signed Roque Santa Cruz for a measly 3.5 million and he's on 16 goals in 23 starts.

The guy is well worth a punt in my opinion:cool:

Anyone come across some surprise packages or little known gems?

Just started my 3rd season signed kaka from madrid 4 2.2 million and anelka on a free

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

markc91 wrote: »
    Just started my 3rd season signed kaka from madrid 4 2.2 million and anelka on a free

thats very cheap for kaka...i followed his first season, didnt play much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

It seems that city just buy players, then they get unsettled within 12 months, and then city sell them on for nothing.

In one of my games I got adebayor, santa cruz & tevez for less than €25million for the three

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

well its not just city... real madrid is the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Any cheap keepers I should be looking at??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Try the search filters, put in a young enough age and that they are in their international squad or the u21's national team! well worth a look!

focus_mad wrote: »
    Try the search filters, put in a young enough age and that they are in their international squad or the u21's national team! well worth a look!

Good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Stars in FM2011

Khouma Babacar - Incredible buy
    Danny Wilson (Decent DL)
    Jack Rodwell (One of the best young DMs)
    Neymar
    Lukaku
    Javier Pastore (From Palermo - Almost as good as Fabregas)
    Marek Hamsik (Top AMC/MR) Arsenal bought him at the start of my game as a replacement for Fabregas who went to City for like 60 Mill.
    Christian Erikson (Danish) (Great player for bottom-mid table premiere league teams or even those challenging for euro cup places)
    Luis Zerate (May be a regen just on my game but has the potential to be as good as Messi - very expensive though)
    Nicolas otamendi (top CB)
    GK - David De Gea from At Madrid
    Alphonso Areola from some french side (might be a regen)
    Ochoa
    Rene Adler if you can get him is amazing
    Also Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal apparently has the highest potential of any youth player at the start of the game, though Wenger failed to develop him properly in my game ^^

Let me know how you get on if you do buy any of these.

Memnoch wrote: »
    Stars in FM2011

Neymar

Chelsea beat me to him:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

heh, people's idea of bargains are a fair bit different to mine.

The absolute bargain of the game is Marko Livaja, 16 year old Croat available for free. Here's how he turns out in FM 2010. Haven't seen what he's like that far in in 2011 yet, but he has similar potential ability. He had a contract dispute between Inter, him and his club (Hajduk) which left him without a club and with a global ban until the end of this season. If you are a mid/high level league team you'll be able to get a WP for him, though it's far more difficult for a lower league team. What I've done instead is to just keep signing him up constantly for 1 month trials. That way he's at least training and it also counts towards his naturalisation.

Anyways, 2 seasons in the backwater of English lower leagues and I haven't spent a penny yet, so here are my other recommended freebies: pacman.gif

Luca Saudati - 32/ST - I have no idea why he was willing to come for me, but I definitely wasn't complaining. Very good stats (could probably play in the championship), plays the perfect 2nd striker role and has lots of experience, including several full seasons in the Serie A. Currently my top scorer for season 2.

Wesley Ngo Baheng - 21/ST - Top scorer in my first season. Stats aren't amazing, but his pace/dribbling is high enough in lower leagues that he just waltzes past most central defenders.

Paco Sanchez - 24/AMRC - I play a 442 Diamond with Sanchez sitting in AMC. Plays mostly like Paul Scholes for me, squeezing through balls to the strikers, spraying it left/right for the wingers to run onto and knocking in the odd goal from distance. Completely dominated the assist charts in season 1.

Duccio Innocenti - 35/DWBR/C - Played most of his career in Serie B. Very solid all rounder, is my current captain and earned player of the season.

Marcel Mahouve - 37/DMCMC - Pretty nice DMC stats despite his age.

Devvan Yao - 20?/AMRL - US U21 winger with European (can't remember what) second nationality. Decent winger stats and plays ok. Versatile as he plays fine on both wings. His U21 status also bumps up his value so he should make a reasonable amount when sold on.

Andy Liddell - 37/AMR - Very good stats and will grab a bagfull of assists. He'll be fine for a season or two if you are lucky, but his lack of pace will mean you'll need to replace him after that.

Adam Street - 19/GK - Canada's U21 keeper. Not amazing but will do fine for non-leaguers.

Florentin Petre - 34/AMR - He wouldn't sign for me in my first season, but I managed to convince him in my second as a replacement for Liddell. Very very good stats and 50 caps for Romania. Also makes a decent attacking/shooting coach (Att 15, Tech 13, Tact 13).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Young player called Kevin (Spanish under 19's).
    If your playing anything under the EPL I would recommend him highly. Only 2mil max and dominates the midfield.

PLaying him at Liverpool atm and he has scored 9 goals already and 10 assists! Great passing and off the ball.
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    It seems that city just buy players, then they get unsettled within 12 months, and then city sell them on for nothing.

Very realistic if I do say so myself! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Blowfish wrote: »
    Wesley Ngo Baheng - 21/ST - Top scorer in my first season. Stats aren't amazing, but his pace/dribbling is high enough in lower leagues that he just waltzes past most central defenders.

LEGEND.

Signed him for Accrington in the FM11 Demo. Tried to sign him with Pats in the full game, but no such luck.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Jack Wilshire available for 1m after 4 seasons in my Farnborough game. I begged the board.........:(

Im planning a move for Hamsik, he was unreal for me in last years game.

Ryan Shawcross is well worth buying, he was a rock in the second half of my season with Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

if you are around league 1 level then Guidetta(sp?) from man city is a goal machine. should get him on a season long loan no bother

I loaned him the 1st season and won the league in my 2nd season now and have him on loan again in the championship.

coleman from evertan is also a very good loan option for league 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

For my League One team I'd pick up

Seamus Coleman on loan.
    Bebe on loan
    JayDeMerit is a rock as a central defender and is a free agent

Aliadiere is also a free agent and bangs them in. He sulks though so sell him on after a season or two, you'll clear 1.5 million.
    Vassell is available but mega wages

Michael Ball is a liabilty, avoid even if you think it's great to get an ex international and Premiership player

Michael Woods, young central midfielder can be signed after one season

+1 for Guidietti at Man City, goal machine

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

signed lukaku, hazard, ganso and chiellini for Chelsea.

very annoying that even with 60million to spend I could only bring in 4 players, missed out on Pjanic, Neymar and Dzeko.

Really should have got in Dzeko as both Drogba and Anelka have been rubbish, both have also fallen out with me and want transfers(this may have something to do with trying desperately to sell them with no takers...)

Just want to get to next season and get a new striker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hoffster

Signed a guy called Bănel Nicoliţă from Steau for ~200K. He was absolutely immense in the Championship

Jay Demerit and Jose Goncalves for Frees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 decoy_daithi

Welliton is a quality striker. Also, if you are looking for a quick stop gap up front Ronaldo (The older one) is good and you can get him for 1 million. He's great off the bench too if you need a goal.

Sandro is a good DM too. Jermain Jenas is also surprisingly solid in DM.

Vincent Enyeama is a good GK too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jack Wilshire available for 1m after 4 seasons in my Farnborough game. I begged the board.........:(

Got him for €6M after 2 seasons and on a very modest contract too. I nearly did cartwheels around the room

I'd sign this guy only for I have Neymar, Wilshere and others for my AMC position.

medunjanin.png

Looks like he's available for 800k from Vallidolid at the start and 2 seasons in, my scout think I can have him for €1.1M and between 17k-24k p/w.

Strength - Intelligence/Big Match player
    Weakness - Marking

AMC's rarely have to do marking jobs. He looks like a real talent for the money. Anyone signs him, let me know how you got on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

LanceStorm wrote: »

Really should have got in Dzeko as both Drogba and Anelka have been rubbish, both have also fallen out with me and want transfers(this may have something to do with trying desperately to sell them with no takers...)
    Keep drogba, he's unreal.

And get him to tutor Lukaku too. He's stats will grow quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Players I bought at Man Utd, Mostly looking at the long term
    1st Season:
    Neymar
    Eden Hazard
    Paulo Enrique

Then in January Angel Di Maria(Real Madrid) was transfer listed so i sold carrick and got him in, great signing at 6 million

2nd Season:
    Balotelli - Transfer Listed 8 Million
    Babacar
    Mexes - Free for Backup

Lahm and Schwienstieger both have a year left on there contracts and i had bids of less than 10 million accepted but agents wouldn't discuss terms

Then in January Angel Di Maria(Real Madrid) was transfer listed so i sold carrick and got him in, great signing at 6 million

Really want him for my team!

I signed Srna from Shaktar, he's a powerhouse of a player!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Got him for €6M after 2 seasons and on a very modest contract too. I nearly did cartwheels around the room

I'd sign this guy only for I have Neymar, Wilshere and others for my AMC position.

Looks like he's available for 800k from Vallidolid at the start and 2 seasons in, my scout think I can have him for €1.1M and between 17k-24k p/w.

Strength - Intelligence/Big Match player
    Weakness - Marking

AMC's rarely have to do marking jobs. He looks like a real talent for the money. Anyone signs him, let me know how you got on.

In the championship with southampton season 11/12 and he is 350k had a bid accepted but he is unwilling to discuss terms:mad:

redzerdrog wrote: »
    In the championship with southampton season 11/12 and he is 350k had a bid accepted but he is unwilling to discuss terms:mad:

he jusy went to bayern munich at the start of season 3 wouldnt discuss terms with me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Danny Drinkwater - MC - Had him on loan with Cardiff for my first season scored 13 goals and 12 assists , Quality in the Championship, not bad in the Premiership.Man United will sell him for £1.8 mil

Morgan Schneiderlin - DC, DMC, MC - Signed from Southampton for £1 mil. Solid as a rock.

Alex Smithies - GK - Signed from Huddersfield for £1.2 mil, Outstanding keeper, future England goalkeeper, he will win you at least 9 -12 pts a season.

JayDeMerit - DC - Best free Transfer, Scored 12 goals in the Championship, not bad for a DC. Savage from Set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Keep drogba, he's unreal.

And get him to tutor Lukaku too. He's stats will grow quickly.

for some strange reason Lukaku does not come up in the list of people for Drogba to tutor, really annoying as I was hoping he'd pass on some moves to him aswell but no joy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LanceStorm wrote: »
    for some strange reason Lukaku does not come up in the list of people for Drogba to tutor, really annoying as I was hoping he'd pass on some moves to him aswell but no joy...

The tutoring system is going to be changed in the next patch. The criteria they currently use to determine who can be a tutor/tutee is flawed according to their QA guys

Advertisement