Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Megaprojects

Options
  • 21-11-2010 6:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

I believe there were two. A megaproject has to be stunningly audacious and a serious test of technology, belief and will ...as well as of engineering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I believe there were two. A megaproject has to be stunningly audacious and a serious test of technology, belief and will ...as well as of engineering.

I agree on the second one especially. My auld fella has written articles about it as well as given lectures about the project. They even use one of his articles as a reference on wikipedia :D

Anyways the budget cost of the project was 1/5th of the total state budget at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭eia340600

Megaprojects "are typically defined as costing more than US$1 billion and attracting a lot of public attention because of substantial impacts on communities, environment, and budgets."

We've had quite a few of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eia340600 wrote: »
    Megaprojects "are typically defined as costing more than US$1 billion and attracting a lot of public attention because of substantial impacts on communities, environment, and budgets.".

Bailing out every 2 bit bank does not count as a megaproject. :cool:

Advertisement