Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Ireland's Megaprojects

• 21-11-2010 6:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭ Sponge Bob

I believe there were two. A megaproject has to be stunningly audacious and a serious test of technology, belief and will ...as well as of engineering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭ dubhthach

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I believe there were two. A megaproject has to be stunningly audacious and a serious test of technology, belief and will ...as well as of engineering.

I agree on the second one especially. My auld fella has written articles about it as well as given lectures about the project. They even use one of his articles as a reference on wikipedia :D

Anyways the budget cost of the project was 1/5th of the total state budget at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ eia340600

Megaprojects "are typically defined as costing more than US$1 billion and attracting a lot of public attention because of substantial impacts on communities, environment, and budgets."

We've had quite a few of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭ Sponge Bob

eia340600 wrote: »
    Megaprojects "are typically defined as costing more than US$1 billion and attracting a lot of public attention because of substantial impacts on communities, environment, and budgets.".

Bailing out every 2 bit bank does not count as a megaproject. :cool:

Advertisement