Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Hardy Heel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Watching a bit of TNA lately and focussing on Jeff. It has come to my notice that all his gimmick is is a total rip off of Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black in the Age Of The Fall from ROH.

Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but the similarities are striking.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Interesting! Can you expound on that?

Hopefully he wears a white overcoat and strings somebody up and cuts them and lets the blood drip down on 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not sure what else can be said. They all have/had dark emo characters who speak in cryptic verse............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I don't watch ROH, but Jeff has been a cryptic Emo forever

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just wondering what are peoples opinion on it since he has had time to get over as a heel? I think he is doing great work as a heel imo , lets hope they dont drop the ball and turn him face out of nowhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Let me preface this by saying turning TNA's biggest face heel is a horrible idea, they have no-one as big a draw to fill his boots and is a really bad business idea. TNA need big-time faces, not more heels and heel groups.

That said, I really enjoy his heel work; he's been treated as much more important and is cutting the best promos of his career. He rarely shows up/just cuts promos just as a world champion should. I'm surprised that they actually had a plan on his heel character instead of just losing steam 2 weeks after the novelty of doing the turn has worn off.

I wish they didn't give away his big 1st time matches with different TNA talent -in some time- (Angle, Joe, Styles, RVD, etc) so quickly. He shold've been treated as important as he is these days. Even look at his Jan 4th appearance, the commentators put over almost everyone else new as more important then him!

I quite like the idea of Hardy having his own unique belt. New theme as well. I wish he changed his outfit a bit more but i really like his half-facepaint paint. I was really disappointed he lost the title and gave it to 1st-timer Anderson; but i hope he gets it back asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

+1 on those comments Furious-Red and Jay.

He is doing a great job as a heel, I just think they should have pushed RVD as the main face to feud with. Instead they have tried with Matt Morgan and now Anderson, but I can't see those two guys really selling as many tickets or t-shirts as RVD.

For me, Jeff, RVD, and Kurt Angle are the three top guys in TNA, so it was inevitable that one of them would turn heel as some stage.

I also hated Hardy losing the title, but I think they were forced to do it as an insurance policy just in case he has to do prison time for a while.

They could have waited until the trial before introducing Matt Hardy, then if Jeff has to do prison time, he could 'transfer' his title to his brother Matt. At least then Matt's debut wouldn't have worn off after a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I read a house show report recently from Europe I think which said he got the loudest face pop of the night. I still think it's unbelievably Russo-riffic stupidity to have him as a heel.

Advertisement