Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumbest thing you've ever done out of sheer boredom?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

journo gal wrote: »
    Watched half an hour of Fade St. Will never get those 15mins back.

I bet maths is not your strong point :)

15<30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Ledger wrote: »
    I'm shocked haha

It was a learning experience. Next time I need more back-arch and pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Give myself a Brazillian after drinking two bottles of wine. Not only was it uneven, but it hurt a lot for a few days after it.

I also took apart the pipes leading out of the sink to clean out the gunk, those pipes were impossible to get secure again.

Wash cushions off a couch. And then put them in the dryer. Trying to get the shruken fabric back onto the much bigger cushion was similar to trying to lick my elbow...impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Had a **** in the front row of an Aer Lingus flight to Cork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Played a game of knuckles with a lad for 2 hours straight, Still have the scars...(the one with the coin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

Maybe she could keep watching it, she'll probably get to like it real quick :D

Sorry OP, I'm being a cock!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

watched 3 men 1 hammer *shivers*
    + tried to change a guitar string in record time - whiplash to eye, not very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Saila wrote: »
    I dont think trim and lighter can share that same sentence

hmmm. . . think you're right. Slash and burn so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i think that show has some weird time warp thing going on there. that show just screws with peoples' heads so time slows down or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

20 minutes of shaving my pubes led to a week of sheer agony!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redtom33

Reading this thread...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 journo gal

Ah sh1te, I meant half an episode!! Proof that watching rubbish like that really dumbs you down :(

Curse you boredom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I signed up to boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I signed up to boards.ie

take it back!
    take it back!
    take it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

A mate once pressed the panic button in his house. Spent 20 minutes at his front door explaining to the gardai that he actually owned the house and wasn't trying to burgle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Stapled my finger once to see if it would curl up like it does when you staple paper, turns out it does.

The telly was off one night so I decided to smash open a safe I forgot the combination to - with a hammer, a drilll and some screwdrivers. It was fun but I could have done myself serious damage for 2 fcukin prize bonds worth a tenner.

The boyf cracked up then cause I broke every single one of his new drill bits :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Me and my friend decided it would be clever to smash a empty naggin bottle of our heads, we were drinking and I stupidly challenged him to smash it off his head.

He barely hit it off his head and it looked like it hurt like hell. So I sucked up everything I had, and with all the power I could get behind the swing, bang. 4 to 5 hours in hospital.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Me and my friend decided it would be clever to smash a empty naggin bottle of our heads, we were drinking and I stupidly challenged him to smash it off his head.

He barely hit it off his head and it looked like it hurt like hell. So I sucked up everything I had, and with all the power I could get behind the swing, bang. 4 to 5 hours in hospital.:cool:

You win.

I suppose drink driving alone in the icy mountains at 3am just to get some nice photos of snow was the dumbest thing I ever did due to boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

redtom33 wrote: »
    Reading this thread...:cool:

Obviously doing a bad job of it.
    Read this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Decided to see what would happen if I put a 2 euro coin in the blender. Smashed right through the plastic jug and went flying into a wall!

That is just awesome. Absolutely moronic and I would have done it again. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    Trim my minge...disaster

Giggidy!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Made a fire in a coconut in the bathroom when I was a child, parents were not impressed.

Melted lead and spilt it on the kitchen counter.

Cut up glass with a scissors under water in the kitchen sink to see if it would work. (it does :D)

Lots of playing with fire and electricity, plenty of disassembly of household items which inevitably never functioned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

De-iced the fridge-freezer. was taking too long. so used a knife to chisel off the ice.

€500 and a trip to Power city. "Built-in" means more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Give myself a Brazillian after drinking two bottles of wine. Not only was it uneven, but it hurt a lot for a few days after it.

I also took apart the pipes leading out of the sink to clean out the gunk, those pipes were impossible to get secure again.

You should have probably left that to a doctor, how are your pipes now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Think you win! Ouch

Advertisement