Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Average Hand

• 17-11-2010 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

Texas Holdem

whats the average hand in 7 cards ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Dean.Tamkin

If they are all clubs then you have a straight

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Pal wrote: »
    Texas Holdem

whats the average hand in 7 cards ?
    The average hand is Q7 offsuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Jul3s wrote: »

Thought it was Q8 myself, but anyway I think the OP is asking what is the average made hand after the river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Dean.Tamkin

Thought it was Q8 myself, but anyway I think the OP is asking what is the average made hand after the river.
    Ace high would be kinda average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Ace high would be kinda average

There are far too many variables to make any kind of calculation I would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

2pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

A busted draw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Pocket Rockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

four of a pair i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,613 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

boards should really just cull this place all together,
    lol at too many variables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭Guffy

the average hand to win in poker is two pair.

what the average hand in general would be, i don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Sorry to resurrect from a year ago, but i still search for the answer.

You deal 7 cards a million times to 10 players. (2 holes each , a flop, a turn and a river. They all stay in)

What is the average hand ?

Am I being clear with the question ?

Thanks. Somebody must know. My theories are all over the place at the tables. I'm an average sort of guy you see.
    Tend to stay in the game when I am better than average (whatever that might be) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Whatever it is your trying to ask your not asking it properly. Whats the average hand if the board is dealt and everyone see what their best 5 card hand is? I don't know but more importantly its irrevelant to how the game plays so won't make you a better player. You are not going to call bets on the flop and turn to hit a miracle river card and expect to be a profitable player.

The average winning hand in texas holdem is 2 pair.

The average starting pocket cards are either Q7 or Q8.

Thanks.

You answered what I wanted.

So I play to flop with Q8 or better. I stay after flop with 2 pair.
    Testing theory tonight :)

Thanks.

Its a losing theory.

zuroph wrote: »
    Its a losing theory.

I just won a tournament. Honest. :D

Thanks.

I gave you that answer in the 3rd post!
    I just won a tournament. Honest. :D
    Prove it or it didn't happen.
    Also even a blind squirrel finds the nuts every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Thanks.

Your dealt pocket 2's flop is KKA turn Q river 10 are you still in with your two pair because if you are can you tell me where you play please.

Your dealt pocket 2's flop is KKA turn Q river 10 are you still in with your two pair because if you are can you tell me where you play please.

I would, in your example, still have a better than average hand which in all probability would lose.

However, on a head to head, a better than average hand has a better than 50/50 chance to win.

My game plan is having definitive fold and hold levels. Then sticking to it. (However with an extreme example like yours, I guess I would be tempted to fold)

I would, in your example, still have a better than average hand which in all probability would lose.

However, on a head to head, a better than average hand has a better than 50/50 chance to win.

My game plan is having definitive fold and hold levels. Then sticking to it. (However with an extreme example like yours, I guess I would be tempted to fold)

no no no.

hand dealt, yes, but hands brought to the flop are much higher. You're totally ignoring that the other players would have to bring the hand to the flop too, unless they all played by your flawed system, you're behind more times than ahead.

but please carry on. and post your usernames.

• Advertisement

That's fine, as long as you are palying a Stevie Wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

games are dead

nuxxx wrote: »
    games are dead
    People who think even remotely like above are living proof the game is not dead and never will be, as there is one born every minute.
    Long live the game!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

People who think even remotely like above are living proof the game is not dead and never will be, as there is one born every minute.
    Long live the game!.

That's what I meant :P

There's no money in poker, Everybodys solid

Another advantage of playing the better than average hand is that it takes the guesswork out of calling bluffers.

No more agonising in having to try and read their intention.
    If you're holding better than average, they get called.

ah see, you pushed too hard here, ignoring the posts as if they never happened to spout more nonsense. Trolling. WP

zuroph wrote: »
    ah see, you pushed too hard here, ignoring the posts as if they never happened to spout more nonsense. Trolling. WP

It was a genuine comment about the bluffers for what its worth. Anyways, my question is answered and thanks to all. Time to move on. Ciao.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

I watched poker on de telly. 1 pair usually wins. Just flop a pair jacks or better and keep calling their bets. Good luck. Was the competition you won the sunday million on pokerstars?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Isnt that the average in heads up play?

Isnt that the average in heads up play?
    Yea I should have said the average starting hand and afaik that doesn't change from full ring to heads up, although in heads up play the value of Q high is more than in a full ring game.

Advertisement