Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four Types of Women That Drive Men Away

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    You've obviously had an easy ride then in matters of the heart. Treating someone cool initially is just self-preservation and I think it's totally understandable. It's up to the person in question to put up with it or not. You're not under duress to tolerate it, you're an adult and a lot of people wouldn't and so be it. I think it's plain stupid to wear your heart on your sleeve so early on. It takes me time to thaw out for sure. I'm not an ice queen, I'm friendly and I respect the man in question but I don't give my heart away so easily. Not a chance.I've done it in the (recent and not-so-recent) past with disastrous consequences. You live and you learn and all that and you'd be dumb not to.

I appreciate your logic and cautious self-preservation. However, I personally do wear my heart on my sleeve. I'll always approach a new relationship with an implicit trust in the other person. If that trust is seriously broken then I have no problem walking away. I can't help but feel that being overly cautious, certainly for an extended period of time, would only end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy and drive the other person away.

Relationships are about losing that little bit of control and being that bit more vulnerable than you usually are. I wouldn't want it any other way. Sure it's okay to take things slowly at first but locking out your emotions seems completely counter-intuitive to the whole concept of a romantic relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 d4head77

5th type: the wacko fantasist... one day you are good if you buy her something and sit in the corner; next day anything you buy her is s++te, and sitting is bad - especially in the same corner!

I went out with one of those. It got worse: when i was away she was unfaithful - 3 times - why? "Because i wasn 't there"!!!!!

Bye......:(:mad:confused:

Advertisement