Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noc-Cast/Pod-Noc/Nod-cast Link in first post Jan '11

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Just for Reference; my feed is ****. The others are fine. Few is just adding final touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

http://soundcloud.com/fewcifur/nocturnal-podcast-jan-2011

Anyone know how you embed code on boards? I've a lovely pretty waveform to embed?

Plus, this can also be heard on an iphone app apparently. Dunno bout that loike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

There was a lot more Rose-mocking in that than I remember. :(

reallyrose wrote: »
    There was a lot more Rose-mocking in that than I remember. :(

I auto-tuned it a bit and added digital Rose slaggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I auto-tuned it a bit and added digital Rose slaggage.

:-O
    :(

• Advertisement

reallyrose wrote: »
    :-O
    :(

Well you naturally destroyed Pter so I had to even it up a bit. It's called EQ-ing :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Listening to it now. Interesting stuff!

Chinese Lanterns:

mccaffrey-susie-physalis-fruit-chinese-lantern-ripe-fruit-against-white-background.jpg

YES! THANK You KoE! What's their actual name? But yes, that is pretty much what I was thinking of... though I think the fruit I was on about was actually a Lychee. I kinda amalgamated them both.

• Advertisement

That's the only name I've heard them called.
    Here's the wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physalis_alkekengi

They're very nice anyway, way nicer than Lycees.

Constructive criticism- Open with some music or something, I am sure Few has something laying about, if not you can use some of mine.

Try not to use something copyrighted without permission though you genuinely never know when something will bite you on the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Few was going to but the file was plenty big already. I read up that we can use a 30 second sample of any music we want....

Physalis is what I think Superquinn called them.

Yeah Doomy, was going to throw on some music, maybe write a lil electro-pop 20sec jobbie, but I was just talking smack when I said I was editing it all week, I actually started last night half way through my brews and the house was full of peeps jammin' and stuff, so I didn't want to be all "hang on guys, I need to record a ludicrous pop number!"

Pter wrote: »
    Few was going to but the file was plenty big already. I read up that we can use a 30 second sample of any music we want....

I'm not sure about that.

I could be wrong, but I think the context of how it's used is important.

Still if Few coud do something original, that'd be awesome.

I might employ him to do one for my FG vids :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I must learn the banjo. Just imagine opening one with a banjo cover of Enter Sandman

Advertisement