Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking a lease??

Options
  • 15-11-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all just a quick question...

I am renting an apartment and the lease is not up untill june 2011..
    I would like to move out in Feb/Mar 2011...

If i give enough notice can i still get my deposit back ??:rolleyes:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 165 ✭✭narddog

I believe if you've been renting for 6 months or less, you need to give 4 weeks notice before leaving. If renting more than 6 months, you need to give 6 weeks. In both cases, provided no damage to the property, you get your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

What does your lease say? Is there a break clause?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

narddog wrote: »
    I believe if you've been renting for 6 months or less, you need to give 4 weeks notice before leaving. If renting more than 6 months, you need to give 6 weeks. In both cases, provided no damage to the property, you get your money back.

That is for a 4 part tennacny, it sounds like the OP has a fixed term lease. OP if your lease does not have a break clause then your legally obliged to full fill your end of the contract, however speak to your LL and they might be ok with you leaving early if you can find someone to take over the lease from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭kirstyor123

athtrasna wrote: »
    What does your lease say? Is there a break clause?

Ive been here since June and my LL was suppose to send me out a copy of the lease and hasnt

Advertisement