Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First android phone... Need help?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

Hi im a meteor pay as you go customer and just bught a HTC wildfire.
    I changed my plan to include 250mb of internet included but im wondering will that be enough as i plan on using it alot?? I am wondering would a bill phone suit me better because of the bigger allowances that can be gotten?
    Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Install 3G watchdog and see how you get on, emails, Facebook, Twitter etc. shouldn't eat in to your allowance too much, Youtube will kill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Thanks for the advice! ok i think ill give it a go, was also reading about people getting huge bills without knowin about them which wouldnt be fun.... Also out of meteor, 3, and vodafone, who has the best bill tarriffs for android phones?>? thanks

Meteor have a pretty good 200/200 1gig for €35pm, 12 months. I think you can get this SIM only online for €25pm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

250MB is the very minimum you'll get away with unless you're diciplined, and by diciplined, i mean limiting when, where and how you use your phone.....more and more apps these days are syncing with the cloud. Then youtube, email, updating apps, bit of tethering etc....I'd say go for the 1GB if u can swing for it...it'll give you a bit of room to manouver..

Yup ive made my mind up im goin to take your advice and get the bill sim....
    seems very reasonable! cheers! :D

• Advertisement

..of course you could sell the Wildfire and put that against signing up with a new Desire for €30pm... :D;)

JustinOval wrote: »
    ..of course you could sell the Wildfire and put that against signing up with a new Desire for €30pm... :D;)

Trust me thats what ill end up doin..... Is the desire as good as im hearing and reading???????

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wellywearer1

Hi Golliwog.

I just asked the same question - am deciding between Samsung S, HTC and iphone4. Check it out here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056089158

There was a lot of enthusiasm for the HTC Desire. Well worth the buy altho' the Samsung Galaxy S is a close rival. Might be worthwhile heading along to one of the stores to check them out and see what they look like.

good luck!

I'd definitely choose the desire over the galaxy, the galaxy has no flash, camera isn't quite as good, it is laggy (frustrating at times) and it doesn't feel as well built.
    It does have a better screen, and games do run smoother but over all I feel the desire is a better phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

JustinOval wrote: »
    it is laggy (veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery frustrating at times) and it doesn't feel as well built.

Fixed your post. Although some people report that they don't have the lag problem.

I've a Galaxy S (that I've had to root and put the lag fix on). My wife has a Desire (the older version, not the HD). I was messing with hers yesterday installing some apps and updating stuff.
    The Desire was visably smoother in use. My Samsung is OK in use now that I've hacked it but the Desire felt like an upgrade.

• Advertisement

Hey just to let you al know i ended up getting the desire and am sending back the wildfire as i only just got it thanks!

Advertisement