Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's Damn Cold!!........

Options
  • 15-11-2010 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

.............and i love it!!!!!:D

I don't know why people think its weird to love the cold and hate the heat. Nothing gets on my nerves more than the heat. That hot, humid, sticky ball sack, summer weather we had a few months ago really got to me. I thought it would never end. I heard this winter will be the coldest we've had in a while and there should be alot more heavy snow this year too. Looking forward to that.

Oh and as long as the pipes don't freeze again i'll be happy. There's always a downside to nice weather.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

The weather this Summer was perfect. Some hot days, some warm days and also some calm breezy days. What's not to like about that.

Hope it's repeated next Summer.

I do love dry chilly winter mornings too however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Definitely prefer the cold to the heat - more ways to warm up then to cool down - especially at work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

karlog wrote: »

I don't know why people think its weird to love the cold and hate the heat. Nothing gets on my nerves more than the heat. That hot, humid, sticky ball sack, summer weather we had a few months ago really got to me. I thought it would never end. I heard this winter will be the coldest we've had in a while and there should be alot more heavy snow this year too. Looking forward to that.

Oh and as long as the pipes don't freeze again i'll be happy. There's always a downside to nice weather.
    You obviously dont drive??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Don't I know it. My boiler is banjaxed, it was spewing out black smoke. I've been lighting fires since last week, but can't turn on the central heating and can't afford to get in repaired until Friday. My feet are continuously numb. Today is particularly cold, I can see my breath indoors all the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love cold weather! Getting all bundled up in cute hats and scarves.

And right now I'm wearing a hoodie with the hood up in bed under 2 blankets :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Love the calm, cold and crisp mornings where you can see your breath :D. The only thing I hate is the wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

no wind/rain = all good

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Love the cold as well, cant stand our summers, or what passes for summer, humid, sticky, sh1tty weather. Once you can start seeing your breath and the leaves are all off the trees is my favourite time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I just wish we got the good kind of snow. I love snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

mojesius wrote: »
    Don't I know it. My boiler is banjaxed, it was spewing out black smoke. I've been lighting fires since last week, but can't turn on the central heating and can't afford to get in repaired until Friday. My feet are continuously numb. Today is particularly cold, I can see my breath indoors all the time. :(

Feel your pain, man.
    Last Jan 6th (Burnt into the memory!) we had no heating due to a banjaxed boiler for 4 days. At minus 12 and under! I basically had to wrap myself in quilts the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm bloody freezing tonight :(. And after being without water for over 2 weeks in the last cold spell,i don't want it to get too cold this time round!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love winter :D Hats, scarves, mittens, boots! And I'm too pale and a bit ginger for all those summer colours, yuck.

My bed is so toasty. Single bed with double duvet. Aw yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Extremes of either are unpleasant, but if I had to choose an extreme, I'd pick cold as it's generally easier (once the heating doesn't break down) to get warm than it is to cool down.

Prefer moderate heat to cold overall though, even though I love sharp, crisp, fresh cold like this - perfect for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

As long as theres no ice, i'm happy - dont want to end up like that guy on the news last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Move to bloody Greenland the lot of yee.Unpopulated and freezing.Perfect.

Feel your pain, woman.
    Last Jan 6th (Burnt into the memory!) we had no heating due to a banjaxed boiler for 4 days. At minus 12 and under! I basically had to wrap myself in quilts the whole time.

FYP ;). Ugh, that was a really bad time for it to go! Did you at least have electric blankets? Mine is my saviour at the moment. I'm wearing a tshirt, hoody, trackies and a dressing gown, woolly slipper boots (sexy, I know!) while covered in a blanket beside the fire and my toes are still kind of numb. I've drank about 9 litres of tea today trying to warm up.

I love hot weather. I lived in Cyprus, 35 degrees average during the summer, went to the beach everyday. Bliss. I even prefered the humid summers in NY to the winters. I just hate being cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I love waking up to the sunny, crisp, fresh mornings in Winter :D As long as there isn't any rain or too windy I wont be complaining I was thinking of starting walking nice and early with my dog before the hard icy Winter weather sets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Once it doesnt snow while im in a **** area then the cold is fine! :D
    Tis freezing tonight, but tis great to be inside watching dvds all cosy, i take pity on the homeless on nights like this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

FYP ;). Ugh, that was a really bad time for it to go! Did you at least have electric blankets? Mine is my saviour at the moment. I'm wearing a tshirt, hoody, trackies and a dressing gown, woolly slipper boots (sexy, I know!) while covered in a blanket beside the fire and my toes are still kind of numb. I've drank about 9 litres of tea today trying to warm up.

I love hot weather. I lived in Cyprus, 35 degrees average during the summer, went to the beach everyday. Bliss. I even prefered the humid summers in NY to the winters. I just hate being cold.

Sorry about the gender mishap. I meant man as in member of mankind, of course!

Nope, didn't have electric blankets. Borrowed some bar heaters. I found plenty of layers is good, but I wore a baseball hat indoors (heat leaves through the extremities) and sometimes gloves too. Didn't drink tea (too much caffeine) but lots of boiling water with lemon and herbal teas. The odd whiskey didn't hurt either!

Get yourself out to heated environments during the day, be it work, library, pub, wherever, and you'll be grand.

I've been abroad in shocking heat before and that wasn't fun either. I'd rather be a little too cold than a little too hot, but minus 12 was taking the biscuit!

By the way, did anyone else have a super ser growing up? They provided instant heat and you'd drift off into a nice gas-induced sleep after about 20 minutes after turning it on!

• Advertisement

Sorry about the gender mishap. I meant man as in member of mankind, of course!

Nope, didn't have electric blankets. Borrowed some bar heaters. I found plenty of layers is good, but I wore a baseball hat indoors (heat leaves through the extremities) and sometimes gloves too. Didn't drink tea (too much caffeine) but lots of boiling water with lemon and herbal teas. The odd whiskey didn't hurt either!

Get yourself out to heated environments during the day, be it work, library, pub, wherever, and you'll be grand.

I've been abroad in shocking heat before and that wasn't fun either. I'd rather be a little too cold than a little too hot, but minus 12 was taking the biscuit!

No worries:).

I like caffeine. And whiskey.

You're right, I'm going to spend as little time as possible at home this week. The problem with minus 12 in Ireland is the constant dampness in the air. Dry minus 12? Not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

By the way, did anyone else have a super ser growing up? They provided instant heat and you'd drift off into a nice gas-induced sleep after about 20 minutes after turning it on!

We have one on the go in our house! Brilliant (but deadly) for heating up a room super-fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Yeah, i used to sit on ours when i was a kid to keep warm!
    Fcukin lethal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

You people must live in crap houses because it's not cold at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

My boiler and stove both gave up the ghost in the last month. It's bitterly cold in the house. Was driving around tonight and while it was a beautifully cold, crisp evening, the roads were dodgy as hell. Met the gritter several times.

My boiler gave up the ghost about 3 weeks ago, just after I paid 250 euro to fix the water pump. The new one arrived on Sat pm but won't be installed until tomorrow. When they were taking the old one out they flooded my kitchen and sitting-room :(
    Feel your pain, man.

Gah, I had no heating for 8 days last January. Water pipes froze, not nice!
    SugarHigh wrote: »
    You people must live in crap houses because it's not cold at all.

It is cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

karlog wrote: »

Hi. Santa,
    Please can I have some snowballs for Christmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I brrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrr love the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Maserati23

Just bought a superser on Friday €99 at Power city.

No there are no lethal fumes. But ver very cosy. Instant heat.

Last year my heating bill was €70 a week for using it only 3 hours a day.

The superser lasts for 2 weeks @ $28.50 per bottle of gas.

Its magic in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

took rubbish out in cork and my car is frozen as fluck....

*nips under the sheets and maxes up the heater

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

The joints on my right hand are all swelling up, my left shoulder socket is like fire, and my right hip socket feels like someone is jabbing it with an ice pick. I love cold weather too. :mad:

Advertisement