Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puppy advice please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coutt_al

midgej wrote: »
    Hi RandR,
    We got ours near Ballyhea, in North Cork, through an advert on donedeal.ie. It was just a private home, the mum was a King Charles, their own family pet...nothing close to a puppy farm. We found her very easy to house train, and has always been well behaved in terms of chewing. She stuck to the toys that she was given and just chewed them, the only incident was with a pair of shoes that I left near her basket one night by mistake, and she assumed they were for her to play with....I think that was more my fault than hers though. Even then she didn't do too much damage to the shoes, as her teeth were so small. Other shoes, bags etc were her reach at other times and she never went near them.
    All dogs vary a little depending on the nature of their parents, but speaking from my experience of our Cavachon, I would trust Jessie 100% with a 2 year old. We don't have kids, but have lots of nieces, nephews and friends kids, and she is always extremely gentle with them, she varies her style of play depending on the child, the smaller the child the gentler she plays.
    As is evident from Andreac 's post, not everyone is in favour of cross breeding, but to be honest I haven't regretted my choice of dog for one second, she is the happiest, healthiest, nicest natured dog I know and I couldn't ask for anything more. If you need any other info just ask....best of luck with your pup.
    Midgej

Midgej do you still have the details of the breeder as looking to get a cavachon?

Kind Regards

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

coutt_al - there are plenty of cross breeds in rescues and pounds that are free and you won't contribute to some poor dog leading a life of misery to produce them.

As you are a new poster here, can I also just point out that it isn't really appropriate to bump up old threads like this, you can start your own if you wish.

Locking.

Advertisement