Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Options
  • 12-11-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Ok

So lots of people here have their own MH's and i am in the middle of my own conversion. I'd be interested in seeing whats out there and who owns what so to speak

So lads and lassies, I've shown you mine above - so can we all see yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Ok

So lots of people here have their own MH's and i am in the middle of my own conversion. I'd be interested in seeing whats out there and who owns what so to speak

So lads and lassies, I've shown you mine above - so can we all see yours?

Good thread Fingers.
    I would post mine but I dont have it yet.
    Maybe I could post a pic of space in garage that i've cleared awaiting arrival of new project.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

nophd08 wrote: »
    Good thread Fingers.
    I would post mine but I dont have it yet.
    Maybe I could post a pic of space in garage that i've cleared awaiting arrival of new project.:D

I don't mind, I'm just trying to steal ideas erm,.. I mean get a feel of what other boardsies have out there... Yeah, that's it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Have a blog up tracking progress of my conversion:

http://www.cambulance.com

Still a work in progress but hoping to get it on the road by the end of the month and get one trip out of it this year!!

stevire wrote: »
    Have a blog up tracking progress of my conversion:

http://www.cambulance.com

Still a work in progress but hoping to get it on the road by the end of the month and get one trip out of it this year!!

Looks good. Where did you get the self adhesive wallpaper?

Didn't get it in the end, went to order it from amazon.com but they wouldn't ship to Ireland. They don't have it on the UK website.

Got a couple of samples from designyourwall.com, but their prices are a bit over the top. I'd prefer to spend my money on more important things for the van, but I would like to decorate the wall at some stage down the line....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 merc camper

I just got my conversion insured pending the engineers report.
    Where do u plan to go to get the VRO sorted out stevire?

I sent off the form for reclassification from van to motorhome, it's called VRT6GEN. Paddyp from here put me on to it!

I read in another thread that you can no longer go the VRO and the only method to get the van reclassified is through this form...

Any chance we can see said conversion?

What happens when u send in the form do they not want it weighed

What happens when u send in the form do they not want it weighed

I'm still waiting to hear back from them, sent it in last Tuesday. I might be wrong in saying this but it's a reclassification not an import of a vehicle so not sure where the weight of the vehicle comes into it. They mention over 3 ton to be qualify for a flat rate of €50, but that's specifically for VRT.

• Advertisement

I have converted a van before and did not have to weigh it.
    Its unclear but if u are changing class then u might have to pay VRT but a van is class C and so is a camper over 3 tonne, the rumour has it that it is changing in January

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

that bumble bee is a mighty looking machine

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Taken me a year to get this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

defike wrote: »

Nice project you have going on there.
    Any reason for your weapon of choice. Excuse my limited knowledge but is it a Fiat Ducato. What have seats come out of.
    Keep up the work, its very tasty.

defike wrote: »

Looks impressive. Is that a winch in the back for liftin up the bikes?

Malta1 wrote: »
    that bumble bee is a mighty looking machine

thanks, it was a 9 month slog
    she's getting her 3rd gearbox in a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

B&Q has fablon but its very expensive,

you can get d-c-fix reasonably on ebay in up to 15m lengths

Surfacepreparation is key as any blemishes will be magnified by the vinyl.

Was working in the north and a colleague was selling this.
    I am very pleased with it.Very quiet and good fuel economy.
    The seats were out of the neighbours '96 ford galaxy.
    The hoist is to lift a scooter into the boot.

Did the rear seats in the galaxy happen to have built in seatbelts by any chance?

• Advertisement

I can't remember, didn't want them so didn't check.
    Car is gone for scrap now so can't check.
    The neighbour can't remember either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Here is the link to my camper pics. I did not convert it myself so I can't take credit for the unique boot.

I can fit a car bike rack on top of the boot and secure it to the hinges where the rear doors used to be. At some point I will fit a permanent rack. I also have a roof rack to stick on for the kayak.

I have some electrical stuff to figure out like getting the leisure battery to charge when plugged in to the mains, or at the least get the current lighting to work off the mains instead of draining the leisure battery.

I also need to fit in a heater, the portable gas camping heater was ok last time but it uses too much gas so an electrical one for when I am at a campsite on the mains will be ideal.
    I also have a reversing camera and monitor to fit.

Saruman wrote: »
    Here is the link to my camper pics. I did not convert it myself so I can't take credit for the unique boot.

I can fit a car bike rack on top of the boot and secure it to the hinges where the rear doors used to be. At some point I will fit a permanent rack. I also have a roof rack to stick on for the kayak.

I have some electrical stuff to figure out like getting the leisure battery to charge when plugged in to the mains, or at the least get the current lighting to work off the mains instead of draining the leisure battery.

I also need to fit in a heater, the portable gas camping heater was ok last time but it uses too much gas so an electrical one for when I am at a campsite on the mains will be ideal.
    I also have a reversing camera and monitor to fit.

Now thats a way to fit a boot. I can see why you need a reversing camera

When on the motorway I often see cars flying up behind me in the overtaking lane only to slow down and have a gawk.

I was stopped at traffic lights beside the Hilton/N32/Malahide road junction once and a female Taxi driver stopped in the other lane and took out her camera to take pictures. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Saruman wrote: »
    once and a female Taxi driver stopped in the other lane and took out her camera to take pictures. :D

Of the boot??? :p

Yes of the boot :D

Anyone else want to disclose their machines? It doesn't need to be a conversion, I'm interested in what our 'club' has.

Do our fearless overlords care to post some pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Here's a link to a similar topic a couple of years ago. Not sure how many members are still active or how many of the links still work.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055141973

Advertisement