Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your Campers out for the lads

Options
  • 28-08-2007 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I am on my way to Germany at the end of September to buy my first Motorhome/Camper. I would really love to see what you are all driving, so could you post a few pics up here of what you have, both interior and exterior pics. Hopefully i will be posting soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Laika x700.doc

This is our new motorhome. Collecting it on Saturday morning. Cant wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rolex

Hi Derden,

I bought this in Germany around four months ago. It is now for sale for reasons already explained. If anyone has an interest. It is a Knaus Traveller 708 Ti it is 03 and has around 25,000 miles. It is on a Fiat Ducato chassis and has the 2.9 turbo diesel engine. This makes it seriously comfortable for overtaking or going uphill. It is in perfect condition and was serviced by a Fiat main dealer six weeks ago. It is in perfect condition. Its for sale at 38,000 and thats less than what it cost me in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭derden

Both very nice. A bit out of my league at the moment, my budget is around 15000. SandyG where are you collecting yours from? any trips planned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Collecting it from Pat Keoghs in Ballybrittas in Co. Laois on sat morning. Getting a few things put on it at mo. Cant wait. Ive done two trips to France/Holland so far this year in my old one which i sold two weeks ago.
    We head off every fri night somewhere hail rain or shine!! We have friends who also have a motorhome and between the two of us weve had somce craic with them. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Theres lots of places to go that don't require camp sites if you look in the right places!! On the day of the collection were going to wickow to try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭derden

sounds great, best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

here's mine :D

somewhat less glamorous, but also less pricy :cool:

http://img248.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img248/628/1188411681tv6.smil

I love the big panoramic windscreen ..makes driving slowly (2.4TD / 92 bhp) so much more enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

This Is Ours A Lowprofile With A Fixed Bed We Got In March 07
    Had 2 Transits Before But Would Say Ducato 2.8 Way Ahead.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Mine's a Benimar 5000LD, 6 berth with lots of storage, Good garage space and bunk beds. Lots of gadgets too. Benimar.jpg

I upgraded from a Hymer Swing 494 ('96) which I sold on Gumtree a few months ago for €18000, Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

macpete wrote:
    This Is Ours A Lowprofile With A Fixed Bed We Got In March 07
    Had 2 Transits Before But Would Say Ducato 2.8 Way Ahead.:)

Are the Ducatos heavy on the juice?

I was talking to a guy who told me that the Ducato has an extremely thirsty but very responsive and quick engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

my ducato 2.8jtd is much lighter on fuel than my old camper challenger 160 on 2.4td transit, the ducato is higher geared [need to be doing 80km /h to be in 5th gear] as the transit can be in 5th gear at only 55km/h, and the engine has high revs doing 100km/h. The transit had only 65,656km so the engine was very good. I was a transit lover until I drove the ducato no comparason, the ducato like a car to drive the transit like a small truck [ slow and noisy]
    Dont get me wrong, the transit was very reliable and parts cheap but my choice would be ducato over transit any day.
    I get about 10km more per gallon of diesel in the ducato than the transit, both about the same weight both, over 3000kg no vrt thank god.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

This is my 1980 Transit. She is running quite well at present and very loveable. I reckon I am getting 18mpg, which is not so good.

All the bits inside seem to be working.

I bought it in Germany for €2,200, paid about €100 for insurance home and export plates and then €450 on VRT. With repairs I'd say I have paid €3500 all in.

It will do me for the time being.

Advertisement