Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where else do you ladies wonder to besides boards.

Options
  • 11-11-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

As much as I love boards I think I want to spread my wings a little any other forums a girl could get into :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Check out After Hours there's a thread about it over there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Check out After Hours there's a thread about it over there :)
    You just sent her into the lions den :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Nowhere else really
    I was on /. for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Yeah, I've also never been able to really find another forum at least as active as this one. Would be curious to hear about some decent ones if anyone has any, though-- keeping an eye on this thread myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I love somethingawful.com. To register you have to pay $10 to keep the trolls out, but you can't keep them all out. You get alot of eejits on there still, there is a fashion forum that I adore and a makeup forum, not as active as the ladies lounge, but it's not as big. They also have an afterhoursish forum which I adore. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I love somethingawful.com. To register you have to pay $10 to keep the trolls out, but you can't keep them all out. You get alot of eejits on there still, there is a fashion forum that I adore and a makeup forum, not as active as the ladies lounge, but it's not as big. They also have an afterhoursish forum which I adore. :)

Yeah I have to say SA would be my next forum to here.

Usually GBS, E/N, PYF, Games and Goons with Spoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

liah wrote:
    at least as active as this one[/qoute]

Interestingly, if you have a look at xkcd's map of online communities, click on the map to zoom in and inspect the Forums box you'll find how boards compares with the rest...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm on SA quite a bit too, lurk far more than I post though. I'm usually in GBS, A/T, NMD, SAS and W&W.

Not really a forum as such, but I use Reddit quite a bit too.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    liah wrote:
    at least as active as this one[/qoute]

Interestingly, if you have a look at xkcd's map of online communities, click on the map to zoom in and inspect the Forums box you'll find how boards compares with the rest...

In fairness though that's not just forums, a lot of it is social networking and instant messaging which is, imo, vastly different to a discussion forum like this one.

I really doubt there's any other forum out there as big and all-encompassing as this one-- the closest ones I can think of are all niche or private. Boards has something for literally everyone.. I'd like to find another site like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I usually go to SA as well... never post though. Mostly I browse Cinema Discusso, TV IV and W&W.

Aside from that I spend more time than I probably should on Livejournal communities, although it doesn't seem to be as popular as it used to be...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

liah wrote: »
    In fairness though that's not just forums, a lot of it is social networking and instant messaging which is, imo, vastly different to a discussion forum like this one.

I really doubt there's any other forum out there as big and all-encompassing as this one-- the closest ones I can think of are all niche or private. Boards has something for literally everyone.. I'd like to find another site like that.

That's my point though. Boards is pretty big for our population considering that it matches in size two .nl and the only .uk forums...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    That's my point though. Boards is pretty big for our population considering that it matches in size two .nl and the only .uk forums...

Which is why I can't find anything else as good (that I don't have to pay for, anyway..), Boards is a rare gem. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Do any of ye SA goons go to the Dublin Goon meets? I've been to a few they are such a laugh, went to a Belfast one too and it was brilliant! :D

I'm a sucker for GBS, Goons with Spoons, E/N and W&W (in particular the fashion and makeup threads!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I have just joined Generalforum.com and find it good. For makeup related stuff I am always on makeupalley :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I muddle around finalgear.com sometimes. Moreso when Top Gear is on air.
    It's nice in that it's a smallish community, kinda intimate ;)
    Other than that and the IMDb message boards, not a huge amount else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

My other forum is a dirty little secret.
    Although when people complain about boards being cliquey it always makes me laugh a little. My other forum has had registration closed for the past 7 years!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

the seekrit places on boards...:D

I'm always curious about all the private forums on boards....
    when i see these unusual names of forums under some mods username i wonder if i should pm them about getting let in. i never do,maybe i dont think i could cope with the rejection. :p

Advertisement