Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco

Options
1636465666769»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

The reviews on that phone are great, looks like a contender if I decide to give up all hope on this HTC Desire. Might downgrade the ROM back to CM7 and see how it likes that instead first.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

If you were going with a orange/zte the Monte Carlo would have been a better choice but it's a moot point with the Huawei G300 available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Has anybody ever managed to download a media message on the ZTE blade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Has anybody ever managed to download a media message on the ZTE blade?

Why would you want to. Mms is an absolute rip off, send an email, it's free.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Why would you want to. Mms is an absolute rip off, send an email, it's free.

Just cuz when people send you one it's annoying that I can't download them....A lot of people don't seem to use email instead of media messages (those less tech savy I normally find)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just cuz when people send you one it's annoying that I can't download them....A lot of people don't seem to use email instead of media messages (those less tech savy I normally find)

If they can figure out how to send a mms, they can figure out how to send an email. Let them know that you do not partake in mms as it's a rip off and that you will only receive email as it's free. Also take this opportunity to get those you contact most from texting on to instant messaging as it's also free. Technology moves on, no point wasting money when there are free alternatives.

Anybody still using these!? My power button came off when I was replacing the screen which cracked. It was getting worse for the last while and just fell off. Can live without it for a while except for unlocking the phone when it sleeps! Can't figure out how to do this! found apps to lock the screen, which i recommend to anyone with a functioning power button as seemingly it's a weak point!

Just wondering if anyone has any apps to map other buttons to wake the phone up? it's grand short term, when just the screen turns off, but longer term the only thing i've seen is an app which keeps the phone awake all the time, but battery will drain faster, not sure by how much as the screen would be off....so probably my best option at the min!

EDIT: Currently using Wake All which works some of the time, but other times i've to mash around with the buttons for ages! think it could be time to get G300

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to post RIP to my san fran! I stopped using it about a year ago (my mam has been using it since) and it seems to be turning its self off. You were great while you lasted little buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to post RIP to my san fran! I stopped using it about a year ago (my mam has been using it since) and it seems to be turning its self off. You were great while you lasted little buddy!

can i have it, i will try to resecutate it, i had one and still reget parting with it, i am sure of of the paki-chineese-russian fone shops in limerick will get it going, wort a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Justin10

I still using this, it was running like a pig, I just re flashed a rom on it and put apps back on and working fine.

Will be upgrading to new phone soon because screen cracked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

flutered wrote: »
    can i have it, i will try to resecutate it, i had one and still reget parting with it, i am sure of of the paki-chineese-russian fone shops in limerick will get it going, wort a try anyway.

If you have no luck with Witnessmenow, I have a damaged san fran available. I damaged the little nodes that make contact with the sim card, so its a hardware problem rather than a firmware one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

If you have no luck with Witnessmenow, I have a damaged san fran available. I damaged the little nodes that make contact with the sim card, so its a hardware problem rather than a firmware one.

hi, please pm me the total you require inc postage, thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

hey guys
    still using the blade, running KonstaKang's android 4.2.2 rom (link). Very fluid, best rom so far.

Just one question. any place to buy a back cover for the zte blade? the push power button has broken off:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Tockman wrote: »
    hey guys
    still using the blade, running KonstaKang's android 4.2.2 rom (link). Very fluid, best rom so far.

Just one question. any place to buy a back cover for the zte blade? the push power button has broken off:(

Jazuzz lads, the Blade was one of the best ever, no doubt about it....I got mine in NI 3 years ago last Paddy's Day, Argos......

my son has it now, and he uses it daily, has an iPhoney, but Blade is so much more fun....

I cannot believe there are JB ROM's for it, it is incredible.

No doubt, the Chinese made an impact with this phone, and both Huawei[Ascend g300]and ZTE[Blade/OSF] will be major players in the handset market, as big as they are in other areas!!

They were very clever, getting loads of ppl hooked on Android, which was close to AOSP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Tockman wrote: »
    hey guys

Would this thread be of any use to you? It's from 2011 but the links to Dealextreme are still live.

This takes me back :cool: ZTE Blade was my first Android phone and it was a nice solid little phone. I sold it last year on eBay and got a surprisingly good price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

cymbaline wrote: »
    Would this thread be of any use to you? It's from 2011 but the links to Dealextreme are still live.

This takes me back :cool: ZTE Blade was my first Android phone and it was a nice solid little phone. I sold it last year on eBay and got a surprisingly good price for it.

Yes great, that will do nicely. Yes what a workhorse of a phone. Have it 2 years now. Updating roms keep it fresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I'm planning on selling my blade on adverts soon if its of any use. It have a Gel back cover and protective screen...

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I'm planning on selling my blade on adverts soon if its of any use. It have a Gel back cover and protective screen...

W.

Linky? is it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Still using this phone and it's going just as well now as it was whenever I bought it over 2 years ago. Great phone, love it. Only running 2.3 but sure hey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm selling mine on adverts atm. It's in good nick, I'll consider all reasonable offers.
    Link : http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/unlocked-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade-phone/3314995

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

The ROM is updated to cover the MasterKey exploits, thread on Modaco for those who wish to stick with the lightest fastest AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.7.

And yes have two here ... one for daily use and other for dev efforts :D Who said porting a new kernel to that is easy.... lol!

I'm selling mine on adverts atm. It's in good nick, I'll consider all reasonable offers.
    Link : http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/unlocked-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade-phone/3314995

Ahhh noooo...you were brill on the Blade!!!!

would you not keep it, for sentimental reasons :P Still has the big Orange Sticker on the back I see :):)

I gave mine to my son, he now has an iPhoney [lightweight]...but I want my Blade back!!!!

and he won't give it back...what to do???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ahhh noooo...you were brill on the Blade!!!!

would you not keep it, for sentimental reasons :P Still has the big Orange Sticker on the back I see :):)

I gave mine to my son, he now has an iPhoney [lightweight]...but I want my Blade back!!!!

and he won't give it back...what to do???

Well you're welcome to buy mine if you like :)

Thanks though Pancake :) It iss a great little phone. It's amazing that even still there are new roms to try and they just get better and better.I got an upgrade however and part of making that more affordable is selling the blade if I can.
    At least I didn't deflect to the other side, I'm still an android owner :)

Well you're welcome to buy mine if you like :)

Thanks though Pancake :) It iss a great little phone. It's amazing that even still there are new roms to try and they just get better and better.I got an upgrade however and part of making that more affordable is selling the blade if I can.
    At least I didn't deflect to the other side, I'm still an android owner :)

ya know what, I'm tempted...but it's late, we'll see tomorrow....and Aldi Lager is so cheap!!!

The price is not right however...you should be asking much more!!!

2morrow, OK??

Advertisement