Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festina lente

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RayCun wrote: »
    10.28 @ 4.39
    up to Tymon again. Last XC league race for the kid, but unfortunately he picked up some kind of muscle strain yesterday, was limping around the place last night and this morning. It cleared up a bit before the race but he still wasn't quite right, and was disappointed with his 8th place finish:(
    Still, I think he'll be about 4th overall in the league so he'll be pleased when that comes through...

October: 20/250.73
    this year: 282/3157.97

He's a great little runner. The photos really show his determination! Jack was thrilled when he came 11th!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Well done Jack, that's his best finish yet isn't it?

Well done Jack, that's his best finish yet isn't it?

It is indeed. Pity I can't calm him down before the races. If he conserved all that energy he might win a race :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

jcsmum wrote: »
    It is indeed. Pity I can't calm him down before the races. If he conserved all that energy he might win a race :rolleyes:;)

You need to get some kind of holding pen, like at a horse race :)

10.03 @ 4.47
    easy run home, etc, etc

October: 21/251.76
    this year: 283/3168

• Advertisement

9.73 @ 4.59
    easy run into work <yawn>

October: 22/261.49
    this year: 284/3177.73

10.04 @ 4.46
    and back home again

October: 22/271.53
    this year: 284/3187.77

10.06 @ 4.42
    run home

October: 23/281.59
    this year: 285/3197.83

10.19 @ 4.55
    back into work. bored yet?

October: 24/291.78
    this year: 286/3208.02

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

come on Ray, add a little tib-bit of info every day, or a joke etc....

Like... Did you know that Dublins first marathon was in 1980 and was won by Dick Hooper.......:D (thats a tibbit not a joke!!!)

• Advertisement

I'm saving all the excitement up for when I start more interesting training :)

I'm saving all the excitement up for when I start more interesting training :)

can't wait for that so!!;)
    i bet you're away researching facts & figures as we speak;)

8.07 @ 5.16
    Club night, but just went for an easy run with a couple of guys.
    Jack Daniels may be getting the elbow, to be replaced with a training plan from a Mystery Coach... the downside for all you readers is that MC is also big on easy runs, so there still won't be many interesting sessions to read...

October: 24/299.85
    this year: 286/3216.09

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

8.07 @ 5.16
    Club night, but just went for an easy run with a couple of guys.
    Jack Daniels may be getting the elbow, to be replaced with a training plan from a Mystery Coach... the downside for all you readers is that MC is also big on easy runs, so there still won't be many interesting sessions to read...

October: 24/299.85
    this year: 286/3216.09

Mystery Coach, care to expand??! (or is it a secret!)

Not a secret, a Mystery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

A real person: <deleted> I wouldn't have thought he was big on easy runs?
    Or a virtual coach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    A real person: <deleted> I wouldn't have thought he was big on easy runs?
    Or a virtual coach?

He is using the virtual pacer on his Garmin:p.

Ray Damn you for deleting that before i got to see it :mad: Abusing your moderator powers

Yes, him, and yes he is. Michelle does very little else, I think.

(I'm not being mysterious (just) for fun, just in case the club situation could be a problem. It's probably nothing, but I don't want to cause hassle unnecessarily)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

So it's definitely not the MC from TFB's blog then? Such similar names they must be related!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Yes, him, and yes he is. Michelle does very little else, I think.

(I'm not being mysterious (just) for fun, just in case the club situation could be a problem. It's probably nothing, but I don't want to cause hassle unnecessarily)

Michele Ferrari? Ye dirty git

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

menoscemo wrote: »

Ray Damn you for deleting that before i got to see it :mad: Abusing your moderator powers

I just so happen to have the pre-deleted post on my cell phone. ;)
    (of course it doesn't mean a thing to me :confused:)

10.17 @ 4.55
    Easy run into work, hitting 2000 miles for the year.
    interesting piece of trivia for younganne - my running tights (all my shorts are in the wash) were not as comfortable today as they were last time. Next time I'll have to run much slower/shorter or use a lot of bodyglide:eek::o:(

October: 25/310.02
    this year: 287/3226.26

10.17 @ 4.55
    interesting piece of trivia for younganne - my running tights (all my shorts are in the wash) were not as comfortable today as they were last time. Next time I'll have to run much slower/shorter or use a lot of bodyglide:eek::o:(

Well done especially as there was no marathon involved!!
    Super result by Alex in the xc!!

10.17 @ 4.55

:eek:mmmm, not sure thats the type of thing i was talking about...but anyhoo, you are always saying if its likey to rub, bodyglide it .......so you don't follow your own advise tut tut!!!:D

Congrats on the 2000m great stuff...i'll be pasisng 1000m during Mondays planned LSR ;);)

20.77 @ 4.48
    No running yesterday, I was on the Assistant Coach course over in Donore Harriers. A lot of fun - sprints, shot putt, long jump, and relays - and I'll finally have some idea what I'm doing when I'm coaching :) Back in a couple of weeks to do the Level 1.
    About 18k @ 4.45 today with a clubmate in Tymon, then jumped into the car, back home to pick up the kid, and back to Tymon for his training. Ran a few easy laps with them too, to keep warm if nothing else...

October: 26/330.79
    this year: 288/3247.03

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

20.77 @ 4.48
    No running yesterday, I was on the Assistant Coach course over in Donore Harriers. A lot of fun - sprints, shot putt, long jump, and relays - and I'll finally have some idea what I'm doing when I'm coaching :) Back in a couple of weeks to do the Level 1.
    About 18k @ 4.45 today with a clubmate in Tymon, then jumped into the car, back home to pick up the kid, and back to Tymon for his training. Ran a few easy laps with them too, to keep warm if nothing else...

October: 26/330.79
    this year: 288/3247.03

Was the course good? we were ment to do it but numbers were too high so doing session in our club soon for us.

Was the course good? we were ment to do it but numbers were too high so doing session in our club soon for us.

Yeah, very good. We were in groups of about 10 for the practical stuff, an hour or so on each event, felt I learned a lot from it.

12.68 @ 4.38

An easy hour around Tymon, then back to watch the marathon go by the end of the road.

October: 27/343.47
    this year: 289/3259.71

Club session tonight. Just three of us in a group, doing 6 x 800 with 2 minute walk/jog recovery. Around a green in a housing estate, so only roughly 800m, but fairly slippy and uneven ground. 2.49, 2.49, 2.53, 2.55, 2.56... and I'm missing one somewhere in the middle? Good tough run, hardest I've done in a while. Came in last in all 6 intervals, but it's good to have people to chase :) Few k afterwards to cool down.

October: 28/353.11
    this year: 29/3269.35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Ray, I take a peek at your log every now and again, well done on the huge improvements. Just curious as to why you say you're not doing a marathon this year or next? are you focussing on speed or shorter distances?

Advertisement