Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Training?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I have been long embedded in the fitness scene! It is my one passion and hobby in life!

Recently I have been doing some thinking and believe i can combine this passion of health and fitness with my business skills and degree (recently graduated with a 2.1 degree from UCD Bcomm) and become a personal trainer/fitness instructor. I know the usual route is to become a clone in the Big 4 after this degree but its just not me, I need to be doing something I enjoy and feel passionately about!

Firstly as an idea how does this sound?

I know to secure any sort of client base I will need to achieve further education specific to this job! I have been researching 2 different courses,

Exercise, Health Studies & Personal Training (NTC)
    Certificate in Exercise and Health Fitnes (motions.ie)

Does Anyone know which course might be more beneficial and be the best foundation for future learning and career building?

My plan is to achieve this course, gain experience from local gyms and trainers and a couple years down the line with enough experience and education become independent and draw upon my sales, marketing and management skills to succeed as a personal trainer?

All advice and comments will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

NCEHS seems to be the one most people are doing right now and then go learn from independent trainers asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 denvey

I did the ntc course and I couldn't recommend it more! Not too hard and you do feel like u know what ur on about by the end of it.
    You certainly dont come out of the course (or any fitness course for that matter) knowing everything there is tho,in fact if anything it only opens your eyes as to how much left we have to learn!!
    Great course all the same,if only they could sort us up with jobs at the end.....

Advertisement