Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding 2010? Remember last winter.

Options
  • 06-11-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

hi that time of the year again.rain high tides and sw winds. any news on the height of the shannon near westbury.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055746904

(mod edit: new thread started using posts moved from last year's thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Its hard to find results for specific locations without checking yourself.

Limerick Docks was is expected to be 6.2 today which is normal. It's tomorrow and Monday when the floods really arrive.

You could always take a walk down to the river and look at the pole for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Can't wait for the tree to break free again this year - that was a great spectacle, really drew the people of Limerick together.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

concussion wrote: »
    Can't wait for the tree to break free again this year - that was a great spectacle, really drew the people of Limerick together.

too soon dude, too soon. Have some respect for those affected by that tragedy.

The Council have started putting sandbags down along the river - 2 layers from Sarsfield Bridge as far as the Dockers statue so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

to be honest the city doesnt really suffer badly from flooding, its really only the areas in clare like westbury and shannon banks that get affected..that i know of anyway! i think the newly built walls by the treaty stone have been working well lately :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

concussion wrote: »
    krudler wrote: »
    too soon dude, too soon. Have some respect for those affected by that tragedy.

Im really hoping he means the floating christmas tree, and not that tree branch that landed on some poor women on oconnell avenue!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

i thought he meant the christmas tree that broke free of its cables!!!.. I didnt realise there was a tragedy last year as well .. thats really sad..:(

It should be glaringly obvious which one I'm talking about, seeing as this is a thread about the flooding and not the roadworks on O'Connell Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Sitting here in my room, hearing the rain bate down on the roof, thinkng 'I've no feicin shoes that'll do me for the bloody rain!!' :(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

It seems calm at the moment, but if you want the genuine storm feeling just follow these simple steps.

Put this on in your browser http://www.rainymood.com/
    Build a castle on your bed out of bedsheets
    Acquire candy
    Hide in your bedsheets castle and eating sweets to the sound of rainymood.com

Viola, all the atmosphere of a storm without the getting wet part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Sitting here in my room, hearing the rain bate down on the roof, thinkng 'I've no feicin shoes that'll do me for the bloody rain!!' :(:(:(:(

tut, women and shoes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What sort of a Moderator are you Tommy - Get over there and offer Alfred123 whatever it takes to get him ta sign a 12 month contract with the Limerick City Forum.

Advertisement