Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How intelligent and knowledgeable is the average Boards/AH user?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 6:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

In your experience, do you think that most posters on this website come across as intelligent, knowledgeable or stupid and ignorant? Is there a difference between the AH forum and other forums in this respect? I have been surprised by people at both ends of the spectrum, but I think in balance most "boardsies" come across as intelligent and informed with the occasional idiot making more noise than some more considered users. Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

In your experience, do you think that most posters on this website come across as intelligent, knowledgeable or stupid and ignorant? Is there a difference between the AH forum and other forums in this respect? I have been surprised by people at both ends of the spectrum, but I think in balance most "boardsies" come across as intelligent and informed with the occasional idiot making more noise than some more considered users. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I don't like threads that end a post with ''thoughts?'' or ''discuss''.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

There's smart people and not so smart people everywhere-including boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Mongo like taste of keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

AH is like the 'Mensa' of Boards - pretty much anyone can join but only a few people make an impact :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

ah I gon and bit my tongue wat wit da squirrel and da wash basin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Some posters do come across as intelligent, witty, and just plain smart.

Others not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:rolleyes:

Ask me anything about shitieng habits, I'm a fcuking expert on that stratum of human behaviour.

So.. very knowledgeable is my answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Well, apparently the majority buy The Times .. so, going by that.

They are all a bunch of spoofers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'm pretty sure everybody here thinks everybody else is dumberer than themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

A knowledgeable boards user would have realised this thread needs a poll. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Tbh if I want to laugh at silly ignorance I go oo here,The Atheism form and the Christian form.

The entire website is full of peopl who think they know what they're on about when in truth thye know as much about everything as you or me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,452 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stephen Hawking posts on this forum.......................

*leaves door open for epic comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

I'm generally happy out anywhere but the Politics board - the bigotry and rambling is mind-numbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

KylieWyley wrote: »
    I'm generally happy out anywhere but the Politics board - the bigotry and rambling is mind-numbing.

lol I would say the opposite.While I dont go too it too often I find that its more in touch with what is happening than AH political threads Which after 5 posts seem too turn into FF bashing threads/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

We are knowledgeable, intelligent, witty, insightful beings.

Mensa wouldn't be good enough for the likes of us, we are undercover geniuses!

Now, where is my tinfoil hat?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

kippy wrote: »

He's smart on Physics and shite, but ask him about sport and he doesn't have a leg to stand on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

i have an IQ of 178, lets get things started.

Are you a whopper or a shrimp, personally my cock is 9" so i think i whopperify?
    thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I have been surprised by people at both ends of the spectrum,
    Did anyone else read that as "both ends of the scrotum"? LOLZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

kippy wrote: »

*leaves door open for epic comedy.
    When he dies, can you imagine him in front of the stairway to heaven going: "Fúck..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Seloth wrote: »
    Tbh if I want to laugh at silly ignorance I go oo here,The Atheism form and the Christian form.

The entire website is full of peopl who think they know what they're on about when in truth thye know as much about everything as you or me :pac:
    News of the woirld Exclusive :pac:
    Dunjohn wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure everybody here thinks everybody else is dumberer than themselves.
    What ...you mean they aren't ?

/ponders this possible revelation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Soccer Forum definitely has the most intelligent posters, definitely The Times of boards.

AH is definitely like reading a tabloid :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Soccer Forum definitely has the most intelligent posters, definitely The Times of boards.

AH is definitely like reading a tabloid :p

I beg to differ

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68632467&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Jumpy wrote: »

Lets be serious, 90% of the words used there aren't even real words, just made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Lets be serious, 90% of the words used there aren't even real words, just made up.

That post does not add up.. science and purple happy text with lots of smileys just don't mix

That post does not add up.. science and purple happy text with lots of smileys just don't mix

TELL THAT TO GRIMACE.

Poor bastard was created in a lab. He didnt have a choice. It was the scientists who created him. Him and that Hamburgler freak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Even if they were I think the funny font and smilies offset them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

All words are made up.

With that witty and intelligent observation I've proven I'm cleverer than few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i'm a genius but there's some stupidity around here that's off the charts.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I've proven I'm cleverer than few.

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

A bit like the way polar and non-polar wont mix in that persons question.

Can I be smart now?

Advertisement