Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a rating system for judging attractiveness?

Options

Comments

The golf club rating system.

A driver is an absolute belter, a ride if you will.

Plenty of room for intermediate ratings with the clubs from woods (Still good) to irons (Above average to below average) to wedges (you'll need these for the rough *cough*), which eventually leads to...

...the putter, used to describe a shocking creation that you wouldn't touch with a ten foot clown pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

h8scobes wrote: »
    the guys say that im very fair with my grading towards average birds, like its rare i'll say that a girl is ugly but at the top end of the scale i have very high standards.

someone like shakira would only be pushing the 10...cheryll cole is like a 7

so you dont get much and prefer w@nking then yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

These are funny (h8scobes excepted) but its hard to believe anyone with a healthy and mature perspective on attractiveness, that isn't a psychology researcher, using this in real life.

Like what Dudess said basically

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

"Hot", "Fairly hot", "Alright", "Meh" and "Not a hope." Personality can change everything though. also, sometimes I like guys who aren't that good-looking but I just am attracted to them anyway, and sometimes I have zero attraction to who would be considered a very good-looking guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

TASHHHTEYYY BIRD- The best of the best, the navy seals of female beauty. Perfection. Adriana lima.

Fine beure- A good looking girl, you'd be proud to walk around town with her beside ya. TG4 weather girls.

Beure- well shes not ugly... nothing to right home about though. Lilly allen.

Haunty- Not good, not good atall... Sonia from eastenders.

Alpha munter- Dear god why? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
    Mary harney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

however many pints it would take for her to become attractive and to do the deed. obviously a hot girl will require no pints and then a yoke will require many...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I should clarify: Natalie Portman doing those things makes her incredibly sexy.

Her Erdős–Bacon number alone makes her sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Some Brilliant ones on here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Im a simple man myself so I use the binary system.
    Either 1 or 0. Nothing else.
    1 = yes i would.
    0 = no i wouldnt.

The 1 to 10 scale is just a waste of brainpower!

What bit-wise operator do you use for deciding if a proposed threesome is a good idea?

Suppose it would be AND if you have high standards. OR seems logical. XOR doesn't (you miss the best combination).

What bit-wise operator do you use for deciding if a proposed threesome is a good idea?

Suppose it would be AND if you have high standards. OR seems logical. XOR doesn't (you miss the best combination).

Or is definately the way to go your guaranteed at least one "1".

• Advertisement

FatherLen wrote: »
    Or is definately the way to go your guaranteed at least one "1".

I was thinking that, but there is also the case that the you might have two "0" almost made the cut of "1". It seems that, with the two combined, they might be a good proposition. But we don't have enough data to handle these edge cases.

You need more than just a boolean, as other factors can come into account. I don't think the suggested scheme by who what when is a good one.

I was thinking that, but there is also the case that the you might have two "0" almost made the cut of "1". It seems that, with the two combined, they might be a good proposition. But we don't have enough data to handle these edge cases.

You need more than just a boolean, as other factors can come into account. I don't think the suggested scheme by who what when is a good one.

very true and there is no point using a different number system like octal cause then it would just defeat the purpose. it doesnt matter if your offered a threesome, TAKE IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Dudess wrote: »
    Attractiveness is TOTALLY subjective, and not just about looks. Beauty isn't always subjective though, e.g. even if you don't fancy Cheryl Cole, you can't say she's ugly-looking - well you can, but that's like saying 30 degrees celsius is cold.

Not in the literal sense, but obsessed with order, putting things in a mathematical context, etc.

Cheryl's just a well dressed scumbag but she's still 8.5 maybe pushing a 9. She's a tidy doll.

Cheryl's just a well dressed scumbag but she's still 8.5 maybe pushing a 9. She's a tidy doll.

She's definitely a 9+. Many lad's *ideal woman*.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

double GG wrote: »

Pure quality but 9+ is reserved for Jessica Alba and Katy Perry........together:rolleyes:

Pure quality but 9+ is reserved for Jessica Alba and Katy Perry........together:rolleyes:

Pixie Lott for us younger folk too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Im a simple man myself so I use the binary system.
    Either 1 or 0. Nothing else.
    1 = yes i would.
    0 = no i wouldnt.

The 1 to 10 scale is just a waste of brainpower!

you, my good man are a genius!
    FatherLen wrote: »
    however many pints it would take for her to become attractive and to do the deed. obviously a hot girl will require no pints and then a yoke will require many...

I think you can put this down to still deciding if she's a 1 or 0 and willing to drink more to help with that decision, or it's a case of stick around (1) or move on (o)

I think this would still fall under either I would (1) or I wouldn't (0).

For all those times it's a 1 then you accept their will be follow up questions that require a simple 1 or 0 question like will I meet up with her again, generally I think it's always best to keep the answers in your mind as a yes or no....it's when you start saying maybe that your life gets complicated and stressful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I had some guy call me an 8-pinter before :(

He tried to cover it up by claiming it meant one would need 8 pints to get the confidence to approach me. :pac: A+ for coverup effort though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

My boyfriend rates on 1 - 10 based on looks, and personality.

Supposedly I'm an 11 on the list...spinal tap! :p

Greyfox wrote: »
    I think this would still fall under either I would (1) or I wouldn't (0).

I don't know, you are still rating individual attractiveness. I would or I wouldn't really just means attractive enough to do, attractive enough not to do.

Otherwise, as a rating system, it doesn't work. He would tell us he had a threesome, and we'd ask to rate the girls. How would he? He could say they were both 0's, but together they were a 1. But that is far too ambiguous. We couldn't if one girl was more attractive than the other.

The whole point of putting a rating system is too give a more concise rating of attractiveness. A 10-point scale allows for more expressive conversations, which is why we have the rating system: to discuss the level of attractiveness.

What you are talking about is decision making - the condition is either true or false. When talking to others, the evaluation of the conditions is where the interest is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

My ratings system is in reverse and based on how many pints you'd need before you'd give them a shot.

So Jessica Alba would be 0.
    The average looking, ginger one from Girls Aloud would be 4
    Hillary Clinton would be 7
    Missy Elliot 10

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

- Definitely would.

- If you wouldn't after 5 pints, you never would...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Saila wrote: »
    minger

keeper

Binary rating system.Efficient.I like it.While decimalists ponder over their numerous increments,you will either already be riding their prey or walking away in disgust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I always use the 'would i if i was sober' rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

1-10 system doesn't allow for slight differences between very beautiful women.

How do you differentiate between Nicole Sherzinger, Shakira & Megan Fox? They are all nines , 10 is a very very rare thing.

At high 7's you need to start using decimal points , below this it doesnt matter if its a 6 or a 6.7 really.

For the record -
    Nicole 9.7
    Skakira 9.1
    Megan Fox 9.3

8.5 would be a great score for a girl in your local.

/chauvinist mode off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't know if I have a system, but if I do, it's based on modifications. Every easily-visible modification counts against her, whether it's a boob job, eyebrows tweezed out of existence, tattoos / piercings, or just too much make-up.

I say easily-visible because while we all know that there's going to be make-up, hair, clothes etc., I'm talking about the kind of modifications that detract from the way she really looks without them. I can deal with boob jobs, but not the ones that practically scream "I HAS SILICONE!" :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 i dont care

its quite simple, if she turns ya on thats all ya need

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

double GG wrote: »

I don't see the Cheryl Cole thing. She's pretty, but not sexy. Nothing about her is anything other than blandly good-looking - apart from the whole beating the tar out of a toilet attendant, which really isn't my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

I don't see the Cheryl Cole thing. She's pretty, but not sexy. Nothing about her is anything other than blandly good-looking - apart from the whole beating the tar out of a toilet attendant, which really isn't my thing.

It's the dimples.. I think surgically enhanced dimples is going to be the next big thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Pints!

Advertisement