Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bob Dylan album?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Bob Dylan has been spotted on a mission of mercy – visiting a local synagogue.

The 69-year-old music legend had presumably gone to say prayers for his lost ‘soul mate’ and ex-girlfriend Suze Rotolo, who died at the end of last month.

She was his inspiration and young sweetheart who appeared with him arm in arm on the iconic cover of his 1963 album The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan.( below ) The pair began dating in 1961 when Miss Rotolo was just 17 years old. They split after three years but remained close friends until she died of lung cancer in New York on February 25.

s-blowinw.jpg

Daily Mail 28/3/2011

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

1. Bringing It All Back Home
    2. Highway 61 Revisited
    3. Blood On The Tracks
    4. Blonde On Blonde
    5. The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

The first one he released with house of the rising sun on it. Tbh I think it was the first one , it could have been a covers album though , highway 61 , in my time of dying and stuff like that was on it.
    Was called Bob dylan , First album I got of his , still love it now.

Live album : Live in some year lol, cant think what year now had joan biaz doing silver dagger on it , the lonesome death of hattie carroll ,who killed davey moore, God on our side , He makes a comment on it where he is wearing a mask , hes masquerading or some **** thats a bit cringworthy but apart from that great live album <answers on a postcard>

Songs: tangled up in blue positively 4th street ,
    john brown blues , Idiot wind , could go on all day .

Wish id have had more time to prepare

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShaneJah

I would have to say "Blood On The Tracks".

I got in to Bob Dylan from his earlier "Times They Are A Changing" era at a young age, but he's an artist that keeps on giving. Changes in his style over the years hasn't always worked, but for me, this was the perfect transition change.

"Desire" is awesome too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Another vote for Bringing It All Back Home. Only Dylan album on my mp3 player at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

another side is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

cloptrop wrote: »
    The first one he released with house of the rising sun on it. Tbh I think it was the first one , it could have been a covers album though , highway 61 , in my time of dying and stuff like that was on it.
    Was called Bob dylan , First album I got of his , still love it now.

Live album : Live in some year lol, cant think what year now had joan biaz doing silver dagger on it , the lonesome death of hattie carroll ,who killed davey moore, God on our side , He makes a comment on it where he is wearing a mask , hes masquerading or some **** thats a bit cringworthy but apart from that great live album <answers on a postcard>

Songs: tangled up in blue positively 4th street ,
    john brown blues , Idiot wind , could go on all day .

Wish id have had more time to prepare

Sorry for hurrying you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dar93ragh

My own opinion , I would have to say Dylan's 'Freewheelin' Album or 'Highway 61'.
    Learned a lot from those albums. :0

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ofwoods

It changes every few years but for the last good while it's been 'Blonde on Blonde'

The Freewheelin' is great of course...

Advertisement