Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options
1125126127128129131»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

karaokeman wrote: »
    I loved Beady Eye's debut album. I heard it long before seeing them on the main stage and I still listen to the songs on my iPod. But Liam was putting in no effort to create good live renditions of those songs. He literally just stood there and performed with the band. The only crowd interaction I remember hearing from Liam was "Any Millionaire's in here?" before they played Millionaire but that was it. Otherwise it was like Beady Eye were standing there for the whole time trying to get through the album song by song without entertaining the fans.

Liam Gallagher just stood there... :confused: Have you ever seen Oasis perform live before?

Maybe. But there were a lot of bands that I hadn't heard recent stuff by (or that I'd never heard their stuff at all) and I found them a lot more entertaining than Beady Eye.

For example, I only knew two of The Strokes songs but I had so much fun at their set! Same goes for Brandon Flowers and Fun Lovin' Criminals. I didn't know their stuff but I still had fun, I didn't know Beady Eye's stuff and was bored. I guess it's just personal opinion though!

To be fair, if you didn't know the album then it is somewhat irrelevant.

I agree, each to their own!

Corholio wrote: »
    Why do you keep thinking people haven't done this or done that before they saw them? I had already listened to the album weeks before I saw them, looked forward to it and was very disappointed by it. Thought maybe the live versions of the songs would be better, but alas no.

I understand you mentioning Interpol, there not a 'theatrical' band either but much better than Beady Eye as a live act. Editors im not sure why you mentioned them, they were very energetic during that set, music opinion aside, they definitely weren't 'boring'.

Keep thinking? The second reply was from someone who hadn't heard them before. Go figure!

And I strongly disagree with any suggestion that Interpol are better than Beady Eye live. As yer man says, "each to their own."

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Wow I didn't realize Two Door had such a massive crowd..., we where like 5 rows from the front! Is easily one of the biggest of the afternoon slots, My Chemical Romance crowd was ****e looking!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Full highlights was uploaded by someone here :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMXkb1ITi1g
    Foo Fighters - The Pretender
    Coldplay - Fix You
    Beady Eye - Bring The Light
    My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na
    My Chemical Romance - Teengaers
    Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know
    Two Door Cinema Club - Now I Can Talk
    Slash - Slither
    Slash - Paradise City
    Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
    Friendly Fires - Hawaiian Air
    Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down
    The Script - The First Time
    The Script - Breakeven
    Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
    Coldplay - Politik
    Foo Fighters - Rope
    Foo Fighters - My Hero

Bit disappointing the whole festival only gets 90 mins coverage but ah well :pac:

Yea but at least its better than last years coverage which was about 5 or 6 songs afaik. Also at least there was no adverts during the 90mins which would have meant half the amount of music shown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

What about Weezer? I'd say their performance deserved to be there, the crowd were well mental during it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Hey does anyone still have the setlist The Saw Doctors performed at Oxegen?

I like to keep the setlists of every live band I've seen documented and I have everyone else I saw at Oxegen (Eg Hurts, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Slash, Beyonce, Beady Eye etc.).

I remember they played N17 and About You Now but I can't remember anything else.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

A load of pics from the festival here: Link

Oxegen-5.jpg
    Oxegen-12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Wow I didn't realize Two Door had such a massive crowd..., we where like 5 rows from the front! Is easily one of the biggest of the afternoon slots, My Chemical Romance crowd was ****e looking!

MCR was the biggest disappointment of the weekend for me. The crowd was so poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I didn't see MCR but the biggest crowd I saw for the weekend was Ke$ha.

I literally walked out when I had no idea she was at the main stage. I was plumetted by tens of thousands who were flocking to the main stage.

I ultimately had to sit through her set as the people were literally queuing back for about a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

karaokeman wrote: »
    I didn't see MCR but the biggest crowd I saw for the weekend was Ke$ha.

Kesha didn't have a big crowd at all when I walked by to go into Bipolar Empire. Not even close to Foos or Coldplay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The crowd was poor for all the acts on friday imo. I was there from The Blackout till MCR and the pit was just about full for Weezer and MCR but still a terrible turnout

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

I thought Beady Eye were ok. I like the album, and have listened to it plenty since it came out. Liams voice is just not the same as it once was. But that's not new news.

Was anyone else a bit disapointed with the Foo Fighters ? I'd class myself as a big Foos fan. Seen them live a few times before. Have all albums/DVDs. Would even class the first album as my all time favourite album.

I just thought Dave spent more time screaming and shouting and getting the crowd into it then actually singing. Didn't play a single song off the first album either.

I know cantering for a festival crowd is different to playing to their own crowd, but I really couldnt wait for it to be over ! Which shocked me too. Was sorry I didn't go to see Eels.

Advertisement