Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps not updating

Options
  • 04-11-2010 12:05am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know someone touched on this in another thread but for days now when I go into the market all my apps are not updating, they are stuck on starting download...

Anyone any ideas whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭opus

Did you try the 'Clear data' & 'Clear cache' options for the Market app? Something similar happened me at some stage & that sorted it out.

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All

You might need to do a Force Stop of it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

that depends on your phone storage too

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Problem seems to have sorted itself, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Try cancelling the downloads and start again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

akamossie wrote: »
    that depends on your phone storage too
    I do have the low storage error all the time now and no idea what's causing it. 95% of my apps on on the sd card.

CacheMate is saying:

Total: 147MB
    Used: 135MB
    Free: 11MB

How do I find out what exactly is using 135MB :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

if you have froyo, download app2sd and see whats taking up all the size, my guess you need to uninstall some apps to increase the size and then you will be able to update

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Go to "Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications", press the menu button, select sort by size, and post the top 5 or so apps and their sizes.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Twitter - 16.80MB - on sd card
    Mail - 4.69MB - on phone
    Maps - 3.15MB - on sd card
    Contacts Storage - 2.83 - on phone
    HTC Sense - 2.75 on phone

Advertisement