Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Oh boy did you pick the wrong forum to wear your heart on your sleeve...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

You could all meet at the dole office?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Would love to join ya but am in Kerry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You're unemployed and you shop at M&S?

phasers wrote: »
    It's only been a month, give him a chance....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

between a foxrock and a hard place op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Does anyone else find themselves feeling completely uninspired? Or feel left behind? I find myself out of work since 4 weeks ago. I'm killing days. Groundhog day. One morning melds into the next. I'm up early, eat porridge and go for a run. I'm keeping a routine. My only trip from the house was marks and sparks blackrock at lunchtime today. Bustling with mothers with little kids and expectant mothers about to pop. And me. A 34 year old single man. With my shopping basket. I was coldly out of place.
    I went out with my friends last Saturday. The majority are working. They talked about work stuff and babies. Again I felt a stranger. I met a great girl recently. But I became bored. And uninspired. I can't seem to settle down.
    Then the economy. I know we are being screwed by these politicians and bankers. I'm angry. But its not the fact we are being screwed. We know that. Its the fact that there is no accountability for the mistakes. All these guys have cash stashed away. They have had the best of financial advice. Whos to say who has an account in the isle of man or jersey? And we have been left footing the bill.

I'm interested in meeting people who are out of work or in similar situations to me. People in the blackrock/south dublin, anywhere close by. We could meet for lunch or a pint some evening.
    I'm also interested in any start up business ideas people may have. My background is IT. I have a certain skillset. People with other different skillsets would add huge value. I'd also be interested in people who just need a general rant about the state of things. My belief if that a group of us in similar situations can talk together it would be mutually beneficial. Please PM me your thoughts.

I know how you feel. I'm out of work too and it dos little for your confidence.

A genuine concern is that the economy may disimprove further still

phasers wrote: »

He's from Blackrock. Couldn't have any less...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

AH may not have being the best place to put this thread OP but then again it will get noticed by many ( unless it's moved elsewere ) so that's one good thing .

Good luck with it

Edit- a beers night out may be the best place to start , let your hair down ...expect a ****load of sarcasim :pac:

orourkeda wrote: »
    I know how you feel. I'm out of work too and it dos little for your confidence.

A genuine concern is that the economy may disimprove further still
    1st prize for understatement of the year.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

You want to meet up with people?
    I'd say you'd be a barrell of laughs alright! :rolleyes:

People could meet the OP for a drink. At least his glass would be half full...of self pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sorry but i can't afford luxuries like a pint.
    Or lunch for that matter..

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Sorry but i can't afford luxuries like a pint.
    Or lunch for that matter..

You had your chance earlier. :p

flyton5 wrote: »
    You had your chance earlier. :p

Er,i was buying!!:P

Er,i was buying!!:P

Nice. Where'll I meet ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *dribbles on self*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Id go but i have a job... :)

sorry

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Id go but i have a job... :)

sorry

+1

except the sorry part

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Should have been a barrister like Pops.

Should have been a barrister like Pops.

Obviously the old man has changed the combination to the safe. Hope he's still paying the insurance on the old GTI. :p

Nice. Where'll I meet ya?

Sh1te,i left "apparantly" out of my post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

popcorn, 2 for 50 right here.

Sh1te,i left "apparantly" out of my post!

Halves? Cheaper for you if I don't drink full pints...

Halves? Cheaper for you if I don't drink full pints...

Pints of water? Done.
    We can sit in the Coach House with one between the 2of us:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I'm up early, eat porridge and go for a run. I'm keeping a routine. My only trip from the house was marks and sparks blackrock at lunchtime today. Bustling with mothers with little kids and expectant mothers about to pop. And me. A 34 year old single man. With my shopping basket. I was coldly out of place.

You must have a huge house to be able to go for a run inside.

This isn't unemployment, this is M&S Unemployment

Pints of water? Done.
    We can sit in the Coach House with one between the 2of us:D

My local...not a regular there though. I'll be the one nursing someone elses pint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Worst Thread Deletion Ever. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

D

That should have read...........

Does anyone else find themselves feeling completely uninspired? Or feel left behind? I find myself out of work since 4 weeks ago. I'm killing days. Groundhog day. One morning melds into the next. I'm up early, eat porridge and go for a run. I'm keeping a routine. My only trip from the house was marks and sparks blackrock at lunchtime today. Bustling with mothers with little kids and expectant mothers about to pop. And me. A 34 year old single man. With my shopping basket. I was coldly out of place.
    I went out with my friends last Saturday. The majority are working. They talked about work stuff and babies. Again I felt a stranger. I met a great girl recently. But I became bored. And uninspired. I can't seem to settle down.
    Then the economy. I know we are being screwed by these politicians and bankers. I'm angry. But its not the fact we are being screwed. We know that. Its the fact that there is no accountability for the mistakes. All these guys have cash stashed away. They have had the best of financial advice. Whos to say who has an account in the isle of man or jersey? And we have been left footing the bill.

I'm interested in meeting people who are out of work or in similar situations to me. People in the blackrock/south dublin, anywhere close by. We could meet for lunch or a pint some evening.
    I'm also interested in any start up business ideas people may have. My background is IT. I have a certain skillset. People with other different skillsets would add huge value. I'd also be interested in people who just need a general rant about the state of things. My belief if that a group of us in similar situations can talk together it would be mutually beneficial. Please PM me your thoughts.

Advertisement