Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N roads you hate

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Yeah, the N16 can be abit rough in places, but overall its not a bad road, The A4 from Belcoo - Enniskillen is far worse, be careful of some of them corner on the N16/A4; infact theres one corner in particular nr. Glenfarne and literally 7/10 times I pass it someone has knocked the crash barrier down.

The N17 Aint bad from Sligo - Claremorris but does get abit rough from Claremorris - Tuam - Galway in areas.

My vote for the worst road in Ireland would have to be the N52 Birr -Borrisokane road, did it once about a year ago, and I have never, ever taken it since. Driving on it at night was unreal, never again!!

That N24 isn't great either, however its more down to the volume of traffic on it I believe than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Yeah, the N16 can be abit rough in places, but overall its not a bad road, The A4 from Belcoo - Enniskillen is far worse, be careful of some of them corner on the N16/A4; infact theres one corner in particular nr. Glenfarne and literally 7/10 times I pass it someone has knocked the crash barrier down.

For the whole length it's narrow and twisty. Some 4km is realigned! Those bends warrant 20km limit for a few of them.

Advertisement