Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short story accuracy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Jeez yeh great stuff, are you a member by any chance? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

no not a member, just a joe public with too much time on his hands ! :)

Aright very good, you know your stuff anyway :D

He had a scanner once upon a time :P

Thanks...sure thats just a couple of paragraphs from chapter 1, but I want to make sure the detail is correct and true to life as much as possible.

Thanks for your comments..

CTU_Agent wrote: »
    Thanks...sure thats just a couple of paragraphs from chapter 1, but I want to make sure the detail is correct and true to life as much as possible.

Thanks for your comments..

Your Super becomes a Garda after about 5 words. Good opening though.

• Advertisement

noted. thanks !

foreign wrote: »
    Your Super becomes a Garda after about 5 words. Good opening though.

I was putting that down to cutbacks :pac: but its spot on for civvies IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

He had a scanner once upon a time :P

They used to be worth their weight in gold, a better insight into AGS than any member could provide I dare say :D Ah the memories!

Ha, demoted within 5 seconds, must be a record even for An Garda Siochana

TV, News Articles, Web and books were my main influence. A friend owned a scanner once but listened to Aircraft mostly...never really amused me. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

id change the name of your units ... it can be real 2 life but thats too close to actuall call signs.... operation security and all that jazz .... and immediate supervisor in control would be sgt followed by inspector . no super in there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

CTU_Agent wrote: »
    TV, News Articles, Web and books were my main influence. A friend owned a scanner once but listened to Aircraft mostly...never really amused me. :P

I WANT MORE......what happens next!!!! The suspense is killing me!!!

In relation to the callsigns issue, a quick internet search and you could find unit callsigns, stations etc etc in fact the Garda website I believe has its stations referred to as district letters. 'c' district 'r' district etc etc..

So if its in the public domain already, i'm not sure if people will take issue...

For those that have read it and want more, I just finished chaper 1 last night, so its a work in progress (quite slow too)....

opti76 wrote: »
    id change the name of your units ... it can be real 2 life but thats too close to actuall call signs.... operation security and all that jazz .... and immediate supervisor in control would be sgt followed by inspector . no super in there ...

Thanks for the Sarg, Insp note !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Very accurate description of Traffic units too btw.. i.e. nowhere to be found! :D

Advertisement