Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Project.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Ciaran Listened as the Guards made their way down the stairs and out of the Block, an eerie silence hadbefallen the wing, penetrated only by the low gutteral moan of his new Cellmate writhing and wriggling face doen on the floor, he was atempting to stand but not doing a very good job of it.

'Jaysus Mate I must get me some of whatever your on, that looks like a Great Gas, So whats yer name, What'd ya do, how long ya in for?"
    Ciaran got no response
    Well mate it must have been something fair serious to be in with us, this wing is for Murders, Rapists, Pedophiles, Arsonists and People who dont pay their TV Licence, but you look like the sort who would appreciate a bit or Ryan Tubridy so its probably not that' He joked

The new inmate looke up at Ciaran, he stared cold at him and began to Snarl, suddenly he began propelling himself along the floor, it semed as tho he was trying to break the shackles from his muzzle, Ciaran decided ths would be an opportune moment to sort out the Sleeping arangements

'I think I'll have the top bunk' he said as he leapt clear o his now writhing cellmate.

Ciaran looked down from the relativesafety of his bunk

Not one for talkin eh?

I suppose I'll call you Bob.................

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Sorry on my phone so cant contribute. Just a suggestion tho, could a mod make a dedicated thread for the ongoing story? Really enjoying it so far lads

I don't know where to post this :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's the first 7 chapters of what I've written so far. I posted chapter 1 already but just said I'd inlcude it in this update anyway. Hope yis enjoy it.

Ads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

adser53 wrote: »

Anyway, here's the first 7 chapters of what I've written so far. I posted chapter 1 already but just said I'd inlcude it in this update anyway. Hope yis enjoy it.

Ads
    I'll have a read later when I'm outta college :)

thanks a million for putting your time into this :)
    I'm only just finished chapter one of my prison story

Pfffffffft Starting at Chapter one is so old school, I started somewhere around Chapter 15 ;) Skip through the boring bits right to the Head Squishin, Thats what people who read my book are gonna do anyway:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Pfffffffft Starting at Chapter one is so old school, I started somewhere around Chapter 15 ;) Skip through the boring bits right to the Head Squishin, Thats what people who read my book are gonna do anyway:D:D:D

well hopefully my chapter 1 kept you intrigued :P

I'm gonna have pictures of naked ladies on every page up til chapter 15

every man who reads it will love the book for the first 15 chapters and then decide he should probably have a shower and not read the rest :P

I got straight into the zed bashing, i found writing anything else to be boring lol 7 chapters of killin! Im gonna gave to think hard for new ways to kill (and ways to describe it)
    SmileyPaul I'm loving your story so far, cant wait for chapter 2. You already have my interest piqued :)

no one else gonna take a shot at writing a paragraph? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

the mood in the cell was tense. bob wad been writhing on the ground for 45 minutes. so far all he had managed was a low gutteral moan. Ciaran was now getting quite worried, he looked down at 'bob' and froze. Bobs arm had been snapped in two pieces and was now being held on by a thread. ciaran hadnt been paying attention to his strange cell mate so this was a surprise! suddenly the door klaxon sounded and 3 prisoner officers entered the cell. 'WHAT THE FOOK DID YOU DO??' they looked at bobs arm and withdrew their batons. ciaran backed away as the gaurds closed in . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ads

I just got around to reading this now, and I have to say, Wow.

Truely brilliant story, very well told and very well written.

I have never read a Zombie story set in ireland, let alone Dublin so this was really good to read.

Thank you so much :)

When's the next chapters out?

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    I just got around to reading this now, and I have to say, Wow.

Truely brilliant story, very well told and very well written.

I have never read a Zombie story set in ireland, let alone Dublin so this was really good to read.

Thank you so much :)

When's the next chapters out?

Thanks a million Tallon :D
    The next chapters should be ready in a few days. I'm writing it by hand cos I cant type as quick as I think lol :D
    Then as I type it out I flesh out the story and such. I've about 8 more chapters written so when I get a sec to type it up, I'll post it up.
    I gotta say, I've never written anything before and I'm really enjoying doing this! My heads filling with dellusions of grandeur....maybe I could get it published and be rollin' in dough :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

Thanks a million Tallon :D
    The next chapters should be ready in a few days. I'm writing it by hand cos I cant type as quick as I think lol :D
    Then as I type it out I flesh out the story and such. I've about 8 more chapters written so when I get a sec to type it up, I'll post it up.
    I gotta say, I've never written anything before and I'm really enjoying doing this! My heads filling with dellusions of grandeur....maybe I could get it published and be rollin' in dough :D:D

well done and good luck with your publishing! :D
    btw you might want to get money coz last time i was rolling in dough it got all over my clothes and we couldnt even use the leftovers to bake bread coz it was dirty! :/

.SONIC. wrote: »
    well done and good luck with your publishing! :D
    Cheers Sonic, I wont actually be publishing though, the aul imagination likes to get carried away :) although it kinda has to when youre writin a zed story :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ads

Where is the rest of this story?

I need moooooaaaar :D

Bump

I figured I'd bump this and lob in another paragraph, could be handy to get people in the right frame of mind for DakotaYoda's new Project

Bob Lunged forwards at the guards, he caught the lead guard off balance and pinned him in a half fall against the open door, Bob was now standing again, he feverishly smashed his face int the face of the Head screw, Ciaran could see that the Muzzle was gonna give soon, The other Guards had Run and the chief Screw seemed to be at the least Unconcious, bob was still trying to - Ciaran wasnt sure what Bob was trying to do but it very much looked like he was trying to EAT him, bob seemed preocupied by this, Ciaran tentativly reached out and disconnected the Keys from the Screws Belt, so far so Good, He looked again, Jaysus he thought this fella has one a them Yankee Night sticks, thats deffo not regulation Bud, I think I'll çonfiscate that :D

Ciaran Ran, he ran to the end of the Hall, he found the Key for the door, and he Ran again, Ciaran was now Franticly trying to visualise the layout of the building, if he was gonna escape into the Civilian population he was gonna need to ditch the Prison Jumpsuit.

He found the Officers locker room, a quick rummage found him a comfy pair of 501's & an acceptable Shirt, Ciaran spotted a Bikers leather Jacket in the corner, Nice he thought, I wonder if theres a bike that goes with it?

Ciaran was about to head out when he glanced at his feet, he's spent so long in his Prison issue Loafers they were almost like a skin to his feet, but that'll get you busted fierce quick, He had a rummage again
    "so this is where all the Dube Wearers end up thought ciaran in utter disgust, end of the world or not he wasnt wearin them on his feet, then out of the Corner of his eye he spotted Paydirt, a nice blue pair of Converse AllStars, Perfect he thought, no to get the Feck out of here.
    Ciaran headed for the Carpark to locate the Bike that belonged to the Key in his pocket.
    He found it, and what a beast a bright red Ducatti, Ciaran rolled towards the Gate, it was then that he noticed how silent and deserted the Streets were, there was no one, no traffic no people, not a sign of life, Very odd he thought.

Home He shouted before kickin the bike into action, he rolled to the end of the street

WTF Was that????????

Ciaran was sure he had imagined that, I mean seriously a JCB gunning it down the streets of Dublin with some Aulfella in the Bucket throwin stuff at people, ciaran thought he might just have been locked up too long, but regardless it was easy streeet from here out he thought to himself..............

OK I know its a bit longer than usual but I just wanted to refresh the scenario

So who wants to write the next paragraph?????????

WTF Was that????????

Ciaran was sure he had imagined that, I mean seriously a JCB gunning it down the streets of Dublin with some Aulfella in the Bucket throwin stuff at people, ciaran thought he might just have been locked up too long, but regardless it was easy streeet from here out he thought to himself..........

Great job MC, especially loved the nod to my tale of zombieness :D!

As for me, I've been swamped beyond belief with work so never got to proofread,add & subtract stuff & then type up what I'd written. But I have nearly 60 pages handwritten of what I can only call a draft. I have it scanned into a pdf if anyone want a read of it?

Ciaran took off as fast as he dared and began wondering what the hell was going on, the world around him felt empty, as if no one had been alive for years now. crashed and burning cars littered the street.
    the fastest way home was straight through the city centre and being none the wiser decided to take that option. nothing had changed in the 4 years he'd been shut away, yet his surroundings felt alien to him, as if it was a completely new world. Ciaran was now approaching O'Connel street, he noticed a small group of people standing huddled on a corner and slowed as he approached...

He came to a complete stand still about 30 metres away and called over "hey! What the F*** is going on around here?!". The group turned quickly, 3 males dressed in tracksuits and what looked to be penneys brand soes looked on at him with a glare that could only be described as a deep lust for something more than his fancy bike. A 4th, female, turned slowly, her pink pajama bottoms clearly showing she lived nearby, the needle dangling from her arm showing she had been interrupted while jacking up, unless of course she was diabetic. Her hair was matted to her face, a reddish pink colour stained her face and blood still trickled to her body warmer.
    She screamed and the stand off ended. the 4 people now sprinting manically towards Ciaran.

Simple answer

Ciaran Did something like THIS

till he was Somewhere on the outskirts of Dublin

Driving through the city, Ciaran realised this was no longer his city, this was something different, it reminded him of a war torn eastern europe, where people feared to leave the house... Maybe this was the truth, or maybe there was just no one left.
    He turned the last corner into his estate as a light flutter of snow was beginning to descend, it seemed to dull the noise of the car alarms in the background and bring peace back to the mayhem that surrounded him. His home was now visible, the small terrace block of houses seemed perfect in the snow, all except the fact that his front door was wide open.

(sorry there was no action :P)

Advertisement