Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2v2 Tournament Saturday October 30th at the XGC 1pm

Options
  • 24-10-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Update this tournament is taking place on Saturday the 30th of October in the XGC. Starting a 1:00PM, entry fee is €15, 10 of which goes to the prize pot.

Team Size is 2v2.

***********************************************************************************

Anyone interested in having a tournament in my place this weekend on saturday 30th October?! It could double-up as my going-away session. It would still be a team tourny of some sort.

My apartment's common room is plenty big enough to fit a lot of us and if i get a loan of a ps3 from someone then i can have two setups at either end of the room. There are loads of comfy couches and chairs.

We could have it early after lunch (say 2/3) so that people who are driving will have time to make it home and those who want to hang on for a night session can stay around.

DCU is very easy to get to by car (M50, then turn off for ballymun and keep heading south) or by bus (4, 4A, 11, 11A, 13, 13A, 19A all leave from Dr. Quirkeys on O'Connell Street).

Anyone up for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

animaX wrote: »
    Anyone up for it?

Yeah definitely.

I'll be making the trip up around from the southernmost point of the M50 if anyone en route wants to hitch a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Anyone interested in having this tournament in my place?! It could double-up as my going-away session. It would still be a team tourny of some sort.

My apartment's common room is plenty big enough to fit a lot of us and if i get a loan of a ps3 from someone then i can have two setups at either end of the room. There are loads of comfy couches and chairs.

We could have it early after lunch (say 2/3) so that people who are driving will have time to make it home and those who want to hang on for a night session can stay around.

DCU is very easy to get to by car (M50, then turn off for ballymun and keep heading south) or by bus.

Anyone up for it?
    If you could do it in friday. Yes.

What's this about you going away?

Ps: Terry, just read your giveaway thread, good luck in your future escapades. All the best! I'm sure wherever you are, you'll be able to connect online, so don't be a stranger.

Is Dublin going to move down a few tiers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Anyone up for it?

I'm well up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, that sounds cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Ye i'm well up for this, Terrys, xgc, wherever. Sounds good

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if I can make, Be going out saturday night for halloween and probably not Sunday. Sorry, I'm sad about this frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That would be absolutely brilliant Terry, well up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That's cool, people are up for it. Maybe i'll start a new thread or ask Doom to form a new thread from this

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Yeah good call. Let's make this official!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Threads split at request.

I think we should all drink tiger beer for this one in honour of Terrence.

Haha, epic thread name!

• Advertisement

Do you want to HD this tournament terry?

Will there be room?

We could even do commentary if you don't mind the players not hearing the game too well (there's no chance of my splitter arriving before Sat)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah sounds great, I'd definitely be interested, last one in DCU was great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I can't make it.

Someone break into a classroom and use the projector.

Do you want to HD this tournament terry?

Will there be room?

We could even do commentary if you don't mind the players not hearing the game too well (there's no chance of my splitter arriving before Sat)

Ah no you don't have to. Don't want to be putting extra pressure on you. Also, not recording it might give more of a "you had to be there" feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I'm up for this tourney.
    Good luck in your future endevours Terry:D

Edit: When is this tourney gonna happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Orim wrote: »
    I can't make it.

Someone break into a classroom and use the projector.

We need you and red to fall asleep for it to be gdlk :pac:

pdbhp wrote: »
    I'm up for this tourney.

Edit: When is this tourney gonna happen?

This weekend! I've edited the first post with info. Not exactly sure what time. Earlier in the day (2/3) would allow people driving to come along.

This weekend! I've edited the first post with info. Not exactly sure what time. Earlier in the day (2/3) would allow people driving to come along.
    Brilliant I'll defo come to that then just post some directions and the HYPE is on!!!:D

Edit: Practicing right now on the Gameboy may even go mad this week and play some Xbox 360 SSF4
    More edit: Just read the giveaway thread and thought thet maybe you could give some of the stuff away as prizes for the tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I'm heading to Venice on the 30th so this is simply impossible for me. If for some reason, this was postponed, I'd be there with bells on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DPjohnny

Ken B wrote: »
    I'm heading to Venice on the 30th so this is simply impossible for me. If for some reason, this was postponed, I'd be there with bells on...

Yeah I'll come if I can figure out the getting there process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DPjohnny wrote: »

Meet us in town, then get the bus.

Meet us in town, then get the bus.

You're living in Tallaght (kip) so you should come with me and your gayzar mate Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just so everyone knows, it's bring your own beer.

Ken B wrote: »

Unfortunately this is the only time I can do it. I'll be out of dublin by the following weekend. But I'll be home in wexford briefly soon enough and we can finally have an online session!
    DPjohnny wrote: »

Can get buses from O'Connell street (see the first post) and as chopper said, you could meet people in town.

Yeah, should have mentioned that!

What do people think about the time? I was thinking early so that people could drive up and back home in time but if they're not gonna come it might be better to have it a bit later, say 6pm? Maybe i'll decide when i have a better idea of who's coming

Lidl will be doing a roaring trade that day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have to attend a friends bday in maynooth and be back and forth with town but if this is your going away il show face, if not that im a maybe

we should have a sagat only tournament in your honor

p.s: its HONOUR right? i hate american spelling and spellcheck

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It is indeed honoUr. Americans fear the letter u.

Honour is correct, honor is the ez mode spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Loving the thread title Doom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lidl are selling cheap Munich beer.

GOGOGO!!

Advertisement