Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

My NUI friends used slag me about going to UL - not a real university they said:rolleyes:
    I used slag my LIT friends about going to college in prefabs!

But I am glad its out in Castletroy away from all the commoners of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have found employers value students that have come out of LIT more then their UL counterparts....discuss

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Mc Love wrote: »
    I have found employers value students that have come out of LIT more then their UL counterparts....discuss

:D

I found a similar comparison being made between NUIG and GMIT, or any university / IT equivalent.

This appears to be due to the fact that:

1.) IT students have much higher attendances as many ITs take attendance
    2.) IT courses are more practical in nature and therefore more suitable for employment

This depends hugely on the courses however. Some ITs offer ridiculous courses that you could never imagine anyone finding employment in afterwards. Some university courses will virtually guarantee employment (medicine / law).

Anyone see these popping up the last few days - I think they are hilarious

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UL-Shifting-Page/216277555068870

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Oracle wrote: »
    I feel there's a bit of a superior attitude from students of UL. In fact, it's not just the students, it's anyone associated with UL. Am I the only one who feels that?

god only knows why :pac:
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone see these popping up the last few days - I think they are hilarious

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UL-Shifting-Page/216277555068870
    I've seen them for UCC and NUIG too. I think they lack a distinct amount of class. Its all a bit childish and immature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

grenache wrote: »
    god only knows why :pac:

I've seen them for UCC and NUIG too. I think they lack a distinct amount of class. Its all a bit childish and immature.

This one's much classier
    :pac:

CiaranMT wrote: »
    This one's much classier

Thats the best one I have seen! The first wall photo is extreme! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Should've seen the stuff going on in town last night. Girls walking around with signs saying "Shift 4 free". I think they're actually in competition to get on those FB pages now.

Did you take them up on it IO?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Haha, not a chance! I'm spoken for. ;)
    Also, they weren't the most aesthetically pleasing of individuals... >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

When people say ULies have a bad attitude....does that include Mary I? Because that's a sub-college of UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    When people say ULies have a bad attitude....does that include Mary I? Because that's a sub-college of UL.

You mean, Mary Dry! *Snort* *Chuckle*

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Us Mary I-heads have plenty of other silly jokes to suffer! :o

Advertisement