Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Coast Campers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lovecampers

Thanks for your help. We are taking action now. We would be interested to know if this happened to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Notorious shower of sh1tes. I'm blown away to hear about your harsh 12k lesson. That's horrible. Filthy cowboy operation ran by chancers. AVOID.

We could use lots of other words to describe them! Totally agree, best to avoid them. We recently learned that something similiar happened to someone else. Spread the word around. Avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If they went into liquidation how come they are still trading?
    https://www.donedeal.co.uk/dealer/942

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

OK think I see what is going on
    2010 they setup East Coast Motor Homes Limited, dissolved in 2012
    2014 they setup Camper Man Limited, COURT ORDER LIQUIDATION Court Order Date 20/03/2017
    2015 they setup EAST COAST CAMPERS, with the same phone number as Camper Man Limited

So technically all is legit? If I were you I'd send a solicitors letter demanding payment or seek to force them into liquidation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Garda Fraud squad , I think given the above , and if your fobbed of with it's a civil matter in the Garda station ask for an appointment to see the superintendent. Looks blatant given space hoppers post and good work .

Info on co. is good, thks and Garda Fraud squad too. A pack of robbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

OK think I see what is going on
    2010 they setup East Coast Motor Homes Limited, dissolved in 2012
    2014 they setup Camper Man Limited, COURT ORDER LIQUIDATION Court Order Date 20/03/2017
    2015 they setup EAST COAST CAMPERS, with the same phone number as Camper Man Limited

So technically all is legit? If I were you I'd send a solicitors letter demanding payment or seek to force them into liquidation

Add to that:
    ECC Leisure Limited setup 2016 - different directors name
    https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Ecc-Leisure-Limited-582837

judgement history, debts and liabilites being done. thks!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

judgement history, debts and liabilites being done. thks!

Did you get your money?

• Advertisement

No. And it looks like they don't give a s... .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

No. And it looks like they don't give a s... .

It's a cultural thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

It's a cultural thing

Not certain what that is a reference to,but I can wholeheartedly concur with them not giving a sh1t.
    They operate an underhanded,dodgy,below par business.
    They get next to no custom from anyone within a 15 mile radius.
    I approached them first about 6years ago looking for a motorhome mirror.
    Their mickey mouse operation was evident immediately, the whole back of the shop was utter junk and chaos. Vans ripped apart crudely,oil spiled on the tar. Wire looms and other spurious parts dangling from the roof and doors and windows of motorhomes wide open in wet weather.
    Obvious damp and mildew inside the habitation areas. A cheap and tacky sh1t hole.
    Their prices were not so cheap.
    I made my excuses and left.
    Iv never heard a positive review of them and I think that speaks for itself.

As a number of people lost their money to this crowd, be careful camper buyers. Do plenty of checks on what you buy and who you buy from. Solicitors can't always help when things go wrong especially when the letters end up in the bin. Mind your cash people. Buy safe.

Bigus wrote: »
    That's pretty serious , I'd be sending the heavies and happy to give them a decent cut .......

It's a sad day when an elderly, retired man says they took almost e15k out of the sale of his motorhome. When he asked for his money, they then told him to go .......... off and get a lawyer. He got legal help and the letters were ignored. Not one reply. He was left devastated and broken.

Advertisement