Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I dunno which cheap Hori you mean but no. Save up for a Quanba unless the Hori is about 30 euro (at that price, it may be worth modding yourself). Also, never ever buy a wireless stick if you're talking about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

cheap sticks hold people back.. im certain of that..

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Does anyone here know if I can install a TE Kitty board with the TE-S Harness in a Madcatz Arcade Fightstick PRO (Xbox 360)? My fightstick is messing up but I need the PRO fightstick to be dual-moddable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Kanped wrote: »
    I dunno which cheap Hori you mean but no. Save up for a Quanba unless the Hori is about 30 euro (at that price, it may be worth modding yourself). Also, never ever buy a wireless stick if you're talking about that one.

I got my crappy Hori for 30 quid in gamestop, gonna have a bash at modding it at some stage. The biggest issue is gonna be the fact that everything in it is soldered. But if I make a mess of it sure I've only ruined a 30 euro stick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

cheap sticks hold people back.. im certain of that..

I was losing inputs on my SE within 2 weeks of getting it.

Modified with pretty easily though, and it lasted for years then (someone else was using it though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

SE was on sale a couple of years ago for 20 quid. I bought it, put sanwas in it - still works like a charm. The only problem with it is the size... its really, really small (and sorta light as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

What model hori is the €30 one?

There isn't one. You can just pick them up for that price second hand sometimes. Bear in mind, you're looking at another 40-50 to mod it, assuming you already have a soldering iron, wire etc. Another 90 if you want to dual-mod it.

well the cheapest on i found was about €55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

There isn't one. You can just pick them up for that price second hand sometimes. Bear in mind, you're looking at another 40-50 to mod it, assuming you already have a soldering iron, wire etc. Another 90 if you want to dual-mod it.

gamestop sell a hori for e30....

ps3-hori-arcade-stick.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

gamestop sell a hori for e30....

ps3-hori-arcade-stick.jpg

Yep, that's the piece of crap I use. I got it because I wasn't sure at the time if I wanted to switch to playing on a stick or not. That's about the only reason anyone should get one of those.

JustShon wrote: »
    Yep, that's the piece of crap I use. I got it because I wasn't sure at the time if I wanted to switch to playing on a stick or not. That's about the only reason anyone should get one of those.

Thanks now I've made my mind up

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Does anyone have an idea on where you'd be able to buy a Chun-Li TE Stick (360) these days?

I know they're harder to get now but surely there must be one out there up for sale :)

havent ever seen one that wasnt a crazy price..
    and im always on the lookout for sticks..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

havent ever seen one that wasnt a crazy price..
    and im always on the lookout for sticks..

I can only find one, but it's for PS3 and costs quite a bit..

Still looking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cranium7

Hey guys, I'm selling my Madcatz sf4 te round 2 for PS3. I originally got it just for my new pc, but it won't work, tried everything: pci-e cards, drivers, etc. It works perfectly fine when I hook it up to my PS3 though. If anyone is interested, pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dwy wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea on where you'd be able to buy a Chun-Li TE Stick (360) these days?

I know they're harder to get now but surely there must be one out there up for sale :)
    There were only 4000 made (2000 per console) and a lot of them will be in the USA / with collectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    There were only 4000 made (2000 per console) and a lot of them will be in the USA / with collectors.
    sure its not that rare... even onion has one

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thanks to my beasting* performance at evo quals 2011

*embarrassing, watched it recently, nobody knew anything about that game yet! Thank goodness for stick winning Tron assist

• Advertisement

Yep, I bought one. Hopefully, though, you're comfortable modding it because nobody plays on PS3 :p

It's not too tricky but if you want to use the original USB, resoldering it to the new USB is fiddly and often unreliable. If you want to use a different USB, it may not fit comfortably in the lead cabinet and you need to drill out a hole in the stick for it. Minor complaints, though but it's definitely a bargain. I got mine here;

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/madcatz-arcade-fightstick-pro---ps3-92JT.html

Same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Yep, I bought one. Hopefully, though, you're comfortable modding it because nobody plays on PS3 :p

It's not too tricky but if you want to use the original USB, resoldering it to the new USB is fiddly and often unreliable. If you want to use a different USB, it may not fit comfortably in the lead cabinet and you need to drill out a hole in the stick for it. Minor complaints, though but it's definitely a bargain. I got mine here;

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/madcatz-arcade-fightstick-pro---ps3-92JT.html

Same price.

The Ps3 one works on a pc with USB..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

aidankkk wrote: »
    The Ps3 one works on a pc with USB..

You sure? Just plug in and play?

RasTa wrote: »
    You sure? Just plug in and play?

It is, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

It depends on the motherboard you have,it doesnt work on all of them.
    It didnt work on mine,i had to do a weird work around making the stick emulate a 360 controller with software.And the way it installed the drivers if I ever plugged in an actual 360 controller,it would BSOD.

actually the ps3 one i got my hands on didnt work on pc either..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

anyone happen to be selling at the moment?My qanba has gone down the toilet,joystick is in absolute bits.Think its partly the stick in general as it hasnt been long since i replaced the joystick so looking into a new one
    Open to anything with sanwa parts.Would kind of enjoy a SE to be honest I think,miss my old one ha
    edit:Does this take sanwa parts?http://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Arcade-Pro-Joystick-Xbox/dp/B00361GDJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392242022&sr=8-1&keywords=fightstick

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

hdaniel wrote: »

Yes, but it's not a simple "buy new buttons and replace" kind of mod. The default buttons are directly attached to the pcb inside the stick, so some wiring and soldering knowledge will be required on your part.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/138398/datel-arcade-pro-mod-tutorial-pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

anybody interested in mad catz red sfxt vs stick for Xbox 360. Offers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

anybody interested in mad catz red sfxt vs stick for Xbox 360. Offers?

PM sent

Advertisement