Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 17: Korean Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

NOW I want the top two to go out. :pac: Such a pity Button ****ed up today, a half decent points haul for him would've closed it up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lol at the McClaren mechanics jumping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

there is definitely something in the air tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

How Sutil lasted that long is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

amacachi wrote: »
    NOW I want the top two to go out. :pac: Such a pity Button ****ed up today, a half decent points haul for him would've closed it up nicely.

down-with-this-sort-of-thing1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

That's probably cost Vettel his chance at the championship now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,129 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

ridiculous how long its taking to clear petrovs car

come on hamilton, go for win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Running order
    Alonso
    Hamilton
    Massa
    Shumacher
    Barrachello

does look too dark now

does look too dark now

Ya. Only one lap left though they'll prob let it finish

• Advertisement

We need to get Loeb out there. He loves the "muud"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Well done Schumi,great drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hehe ecstatic fernando

Liuzzi did well. Passed Rubens on the last lap finished 6th. Started 18th I think.

crazy race, sorry to see button loose out

webber will be glad to see vettel out

Ah lovely Korean ladies. Bet Massa looked good falling in front of them.

Great for Korea to pull off the race though after all the trouble to get if finished on time, has really mixed the championship up

blindpilot wrote: »
    Ah lovely Korean ladies. Bet Massa looked good falling in front of them.

Missed the lovely girls this week and Korean ladies are right up top of my preference. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I knew that plonker Alonso would win the championship, Spain's year - that joke of a WC, the little cheating c*nt Nadal and now this plonker ....

here in catalunya they are f*cking Spanish when it suits them !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Good race.

The start WTF, Its raining delay the start by 10 min so the track gets wetter :rolleyes:
    Ok so its a bit wet we start under safety car, no aquaplaning, very few cars sliding around, plenty of complaining. Red Flag :rolleyes:

Wait until the rain stops, so what F1 cars cant go if its raining? Track is just as wait as it was before, road sweepers did **** all.

Start again under safety car fair enough, plenty of complaining from the teams that cant afford any risks, the guy that needs to take a risk dieing to go. Still no aquaplaning, cars seem in reasonable shape. SC stays out far too long eventually comes in, track just as wet as it was at the start. Oh what a surprise the Wet tyres are coping fairly well. And the cars running at full speed dry the track up quite a bit.

Stop listening to drivers complain behind the SC in the wet,
    1 They have no grip, their F1 drivers they will complain.
    2 They have vested interests.
    3 When the do start racing they usually cope with it.
    4 If they start aquaplaning all over the place then Red Flag or send the SC out.

Vettel has been seriously unlucky with reliability this year. Lol at the its too dark stop the race comment then couple of laps later engine goes bang.
    Webber unlucky to make the mistake but seriously lucky with Vettel engine failure. Fair play to him for admitting he was at fault and saying the conditions were ok for racing.
    Good race from Alonso was settling for 3rd ends up winning.
    Alonso leads by 11 points, How many did he gain by Massa letting him by?

Merc made a good move changing the suspension to a wet set up during the red flag, seemed to benefit Schumacher and Rosberg. I think Rosberg could have finished on the podium he was looking good. Strong race from Schui too.

The track It looks ok we will need a normal race to confirm. I love the last corner with the cars hugging the wall on the inside, looks great on TV.
    Why on a new circuit do they not have cranes, tractors whatever to remove cars quickly? A circuit with walls all over the place should be designed to get cars clear quickly. The marshals were a bit slow getting to Petrov, He has a big shunt, is taking his time getting out of the car and the marshals are strolling over to him. The SC's stayed out too long.

Sory for the rant at the start :P
    Missed the lovely girls this week and Korean ladies are right up top of my preference. :(
    The lovely girls were lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

EvilMonkey wrote:
    The lovely girls were lovely

Meh. Not a pair of tits between the lot of them.:(:pac:

Good race. Don't think I ever got up for a race at 6am that was still running after 10. Twas like watching LeMan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

It was a good race once it started but the delay was unnecessary. While its clear now that starting behind the safety car was needed it didnt seem that the track was in any better standing when things got underway an hour and a half later. The FIA needs to look at their procedures and instead of every driver having their opinion listened to maybe they could "elect" three drivers to discuss the conditions with.

All in all though the race was exciting and with both Red Bull's retiring its going to be very interesting what happens from here on out. They still have the best car and two wins will guarantee Webber the title. His recent performances have been below par with italy and Singapore really costing him dear but at Spa and Suzuka-two high commitment circuits similar in certain ways to Interlagos he finished second and his only mistakes were poor starts(costly errors I know)

This season keeps giving us major talking points and massive drama and it looks set to go the distance to find a champion!

I've a report on the race available on my site and I'll probably be putting a few more things online throughout the day once I get them finished.

Button reminded me of when he was at Honda. Finishing at the back, saying there was nothing he could do and complaining of a lack of grip.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Button reminded me of when he was at Honda. Finishing at the back, saying there was nothing he could do and complaining of a lack of grip.

He did have some good times as part of Bar honda, podiums, race win. Considering the race basically saw the end of his title chance I thought he took it well, on the forum he was much better and said himself that after just stepping out of the car he was more frustrated.

His strategy was more of a gamble and just didn't pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Just finished watching this race.

I had a feeling after watching qualifying yesterday that today was going to be an absolute mess. Glad they got a bit of racing in eventually though.

That said, I'm gutted for Webber. Fingers crossed things go his way for the last two races.

I'm even starting to warm to Lewis :o

Anyone know how many engines the top 5 have used and how miles they have on each engine. Are ferrari and one of the red bulls not under pressure in this regard.

He did have some good times as part of Bar honda, podiums, race win. Considering the race basically saw the end of his title chance I thought he took it well, on the forum he was much better and said himself that after just stepping out of the car he was more frustrated.

His strategy was more of a gamble and just didn't pay off

I was thinking more of when it was just Honda, 2006 was ok. The 2007 2008 seasons were crap. He has been out of the title for a while tbh.
    Don't think it was strategy, he was forced to change tyres because they were gone. Coming out behind a load of slow cars and the SC screwed him over but in a McLaren he should have made some progress.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I was thinking more of when it was just Honda, 2006 was ok. The 2007 2008 seasons were crap. He has been out of the title for a while tbh.
    Don't think it was strategy, he was forced to change tyres because they were gone. The SC screwed him over but in a McLaren he should have made some progress.

Aye, twas a bad day for him.
    I missed all the build-up, were any of the cars set up with wet running in mind?

Aye, twas a bad day for him.
    I missed all the build-up, were any of the cars set up with wet running in mind?

I only turned on just be for the start but i don't think so, Merc changed the suspension set up during the red flag though, I assume everyone made some changes while they were out of Parc Ferme conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

recyclebin wrote: »
    Anyone know how many engines the top 5 have used and how miles they have on each engine. Are ferrari and one of the red bulls not under pressure in this regard.

They've all used 8 now.

Advertisement