Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures in wallets?

Options
  • 19-10-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭

A girl commented on the picture in my wallet and it got me to thinking what kind of pictures people keep in their wallets. Was it a picture of a fun day you had with friends or a picture of the people/person you love most?

I have an old black and white passport sized picture of my parents after they got engaged, many people comment on it saying it lovely and also saying it strange. I think it's a lovely picture to carry around with me as they are separated now and it makes me happy to see them happy back in their youth, they are only about 22-23 (around my age) in the picture!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That sounds very sweet :)

I used to have a photo of me and 3 of my friends, a passport photo where we all squeezed into a booth in Dublin Airport minutes before my first ever flight. It was getting a bit tattered though so I put it into a small frame instead. No photos in there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Don't think I've ever had a picture in mine :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

I think it's nice to have photos in your wallet to remind you of happy times! I have a photo of my niece and nephew who live in the states dressed up for Halloween.my niece was only a couple of months then and was dressed as a lady bird and my nephew as a storm trooper! Just nice to see them when I open my wallet as I don't see them that much.

I have another one of myself and my fiancé when we were on holidays in Orlando.we are on a rollercoaster and the looks of pain on our faces always makes me laugh!

So yeah,photos in wallets are great! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I have a couple, mostly family ones and there's a nice one of my boyfriend which makes me smile when I see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't have any pictures in mine. I have an out of date student card belonging to a friend of mine though, and that has a picture on it but other than that, none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I don't have any pictures but I have three bank cards that have my favourite photos on them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I used to have a photo of me and my best friend for years until it got ruined when I spilled drink on my wallet:(, Now I just have a passport pic of my bf and one of my dad and a drawing my little sister drew me during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I don't even have a wallet :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Have a few photos of my husband in my wallet but have a photo of all of us on my keychain. I have lots of photos on my phone (mainly of our son and my husband) and a little collection of photos from my wedding in a mini-book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 babs78

Nowhere to put pics in my purse/wallet but have a pic of my godson as my wallpaper on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The current one I'm using doesn't have a place I could put photographs. In my old one I used to keep a strip of photos of me with friends, and one of my cousins who were still living in Sweden at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The only picture I have in my wallet is the one that's on my college ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I had the same wallet for 3 years and it had a photocopy of a picture my husband and I took in a photobooth (didn't want to ruin or lose the original)

That wallet was falling apart though so I recently got a new one... this one doesn't have a picture frame like the old one but it has an extra ID window so I was going to put a picture in there but I haven't decided yet. I was thinking one of our wedding day but that might be a bit corny :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

parents divorced same as the OP, so if i could find a pic of them together then i would do the same.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 padipascua

ooh how touching,I keep both pic of my parents in my wallet as well my brothers and off course my gf too ohh yeah :D !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

My college ID and one of my cousin but it's not visible! Generally don't have pictures in my wallet it can be nice though especially if it makes you smile!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrVxcc2ZV0I&feature=related

sorry I can't embed vid! so funny though

I think it's so cute to carry photos don't do it myself but it's nice when someone shows you pics of their kids or pets

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Nice question OP!
    For years I have had a pic of my hubby when he was about 6 years old. He looks so cute. Then we had our little boy and now I have both photos - and actually they look quite alike! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Nice question OP!
    For years I have had a pic of my hubby when he was about 6 years old. He looks so cute. Then we had our little boy and now I have both photos - and actually they look quite alike! :D
    I have the same type of photo of my two Shanes on my phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

magentas wrote: »

Use [ youtube]RrVxcc2ZV0I[/youtube] to embed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

That sounds very sweet :)

I used to have a photo of me and 3 of my friends, a passport photo where we all squeezed into a booth in Dublin Airport minutes before my first ever flight. It was getting a bit tattered though so I put it into a small frame instead. No photos in there now.

I had similar for years except it was a group of us from our first shopping trip to town on our own :D dont actually know where it is now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

ive a few photos in mine....mostly of my daughter and partner. Have 1 of me and best friend on a random nite out that was probably one of the best nites out we had.

I also have the first "scribble" that resembled an actually drawing that my daughter did.

I think its nice to carry such things with you, but i would be devestated if i was to lose my wallet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

I don't have any pictures in my wallet, sad person that I am.

I do remember, a charming gentleman (ahem) that I was going out with for sometime a number of years back. We were going out with evening for dinner, staying with friends, I was upstairs getting ready and he shouted up and asked me to get his wallet, he forgot it, no problem them. I dropped it and it feel open, he still had a pic of his ex in his wallet, even though we had been seeing either other about 6 months at that stage. When I mentioned it, he made a huge deal about me going through his wallet etc.!!
    Needless to say it wasn't the start of a long lasting meaningful relationship!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have my boyf's driving license photo in my wallet. The wallet didn't have a place for it so I just sellotaped it on! He has my driving license photo too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Pythia wrote: »
    I have my boyf's driving license photo in my wallet. The wallet didn't have a place for it so I just sellotaped it on! He has my driving license photo too.

Nobody would want my drivers license photo, I look psycho in it.

I have a picture of my folks with my childhood pet. I love it and it makes me smile.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Potatofarl

I don't have pictures exactly, but have those little memoriam cards for my two grannies which have pictures on them. I have them in my wallet so they're always with me...sounds a bit strange but for some reason its a comforting feeling.

An ex of mine had a photo of his ex in his wallet a number of months after we started going out, I found it in there one day and I was RAGING. Apparently he forgot it was there... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Never had a photo in mine but oh always carries pic of the kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ohYeh

always have a pic of the kids in my wallet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

I have a passport picture of my boyfriend in my purse he is so serious in it , looks like a convict but always make me smile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

None....

Advertisement