Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kangaroo dies at 30th birthday party in Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Snip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

pokertalk wrote: »
    to be fair to who exactly??????
    to be fair the kangaroo was 30 so that makes it ok ?? whats the point in your post:confused:

he was having a joke at the thread title, it sounds like the kangaroo had a heartattack at his own 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Snip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'd love if they were able to not pixelate out your man's head so everyone who knows him knows what a scumbag he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

The thing is - it was a 30th Birthday Party. Not some lads 18th.... Some people really need to grow up.

If it was an 18th, at least you could say they were dumb, kids, eejits, niave....

But 30 year olds - baffles me!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I know its has been asked before but i have to ask again where in the hell would you get a kangaroo? and then finally what idiot would think it is funny to bring it to a party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It is part of a new trend, like the stealing of penguins etc. Nuala O'Donlon seemed pretty sure about where it had come from on Liveline.

The Gardai are always saying that they cannot act due to a lack of evidence - there is plenty here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

just heard the very end of the ak phoneshow. the guy who organised it was on i only got about the last 30 seconds of the show . the roo seems to be doing fine now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Does anyone know if the wallaby is still alive or not?

There are so many different reports, some saying he is fine, others that DSPCA got him and he later died and others that he was given drugs and alcohol and he died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

pokertalk wrote: »
    just heard the very end of the ak phoneshow. the guy who organised it was on i only got about the last 30 seconds of the show . the roo seems to be doing fine now

So he is alive? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Shazanne wrote: »
    It worries me to see things like this get such publicity. I fear it will give other sickos ideas. And obviously there are alot of sickos out there cause that nightclub was packed an no-one seemed to try and help that poor defenceless animal:( How could it be that not one person stepped in to stop what was happening?

This is what disturbs me almost as much as the actual act itself, a room full of grown ups, it was a 30th party, grown up people and not one single person said or did anything in defence of that animal, even if I was locked out of my head I would have sobered up fairly lively seeing something like that. Mob mentality. Sickening, disgusting and shameful.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

All the AH comments have been removed from this thread.

Its now being premoderated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hellrazer wrote: »
    All the AH comments have been removed from this thread.

Its now being premoderated.

From the AH thread it looks like mods banned stupid comments there so they starting putting them here. They don't want banned from AH but don't care if they get banned from API it looks like to me :mad:

If you read the AH thread it says Circus Sydney was set up less than 500 meters away and they (the circus owners) had taken a Wallaby into a disco before, although they have denied that it was theirs, it's looking to me like they thought they could make a few quid on the side.

Anyone who heard today's Liveline will have little doubt about who was responsible & he is leaving Ireland at the end of the month.

Listen to the podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone who heard today's Liveline will have little doubt about who was responsible & he is leaving Ireland at the end of the month.

Listen to the podcast.
    Not particularly surprising sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Listen to the podcast.

Could you not just post it instead of us having to go and listen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

From the AH thread it looks like mods banned stupid comments there so they starting putting them here. They don't want banned from AH but don't care if they get banned from API it looks like to me :mad:

If you read the AH thread it says Circus Sydney was set up less than 500 meters away and they (the circus owners) had taken a Wallaby into a disco before, although they have denied that it was theirs, it's looking to me like they thought they could make a few quid on the side.

Hopefully it was them then as they're still alive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Listen to the podcast.

What was said? I can't listen to the podcast but knowing the gist of it would be great thanks!

heard on fm 104 that there is a 10 k reward for any info leading to a conviction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

There is a 10000 euro award been offered by some Australian Animal Rights group now for information surrounding the kangaroo incident. Lets see how long it will take the big men to shop each other in now!

http://http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/organisation-offers-reward-for-information-about-kangaroo-incident-in-nightclub-478664.html

• Advertisement

What was said? I can't listen to the podcast but knowing the gist of it would be great thanks!

I am not going to be specific - even though it was broadcast. A Circus owner was shown to of lied regarding a previous incident involving a Wallaby thereby making his current denial suspect.

I am not going to be specific - even though it was broadcast. A Circus owner was shown to of lied regarding a previous incident involving a Wallaby thereby making his current denial suspect.
    yeah i posted that already but was not approved by the mods .lets just say that the circus was very near where it happened. will this even be posted

Advertisement