Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on the recent UFO sightings in Manhattan/El Paso

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

And london also , was it yesterday , same triangular formation was seen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

I've heard some people say London too but I have not read anything official. Very interesting if it is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Some blog posts linked the sighting to a book published by a retired US Air Force officer which said that October 13, the very day the sighting happened, would witness ‘a massive UFO display over the world's principal cities'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320523/UFO-spotted-Manhattan-brings-New-York-standstill.html#ixzz12kt6iLrB

taken from

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320523/UFO-spotted-Manhattan-brings-New-York-standstill.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭GarlicBread

This caught my eye earlier while watching rte 2. A new series from the creators of 'lost', its called the 'the event'. Its made by NBC and theres a big fuss about it. It starts on rte 2 soonish.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/the_event.html

Its a dramatization of ufo disclosure. Its allready on TV in the US and looks like its gonna be aired all over the shop.

Many are saying its to soften the blow that may be coming in the not too distant future.

I heard about it awhile back, but when i heard it annouced on rte 2 earlier i got very suspicious :cool:.

Could very well be just a load of bollix tho, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

eu terror alert.. ufos over manhatten and now bin laden is living in a house, nw pakistan apparently.

so they know he's living comfortably in a house....ahhh riiiggghhht, go back to sleep america.

not meaning to go OT but i see lots of these stories as distractions for other more pertinent events unreported..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

This caught my eye earlier while watching rte 2. A new series from the creators of 'lost', its called the 'the event'. Its made by NBC and theres a big fuss about it. It starts on rte 2 soonish.

Its a dramatization of ufo disclosure. Its allready on TV in the US and looks like its gonna be aired all over the shop.

Many are saying its to soften the blow that may be coming in the not too distant future.

I heard about it awhile back, but when i heard it announced on rte 2 earlier i got very suspicious :cool:.

I have seen the first 4 episodes. Its quite good so far. I didn't realise the makers of lost made it. The web is alive with ufo reports lately. I couldnt help but laugh when one of the explanations given about a ufo video was ( a trucker stopped off at some motel to fly his rc plane with led lights attached ):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I heard about it awhile back, but when i heard it annouced on rte 2 earlier i got very suspicious :cool:.

It honestly could be a PR stunt to build hype for the show.

A new show from the creators of Lost which is about Ufos and all of a sudden there are ufos being spotted.

Its a plausible explaination

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Aren't they doing that for the new film Skyline? I thought I read somewhere that they had a big sham campaign planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

If they wanted to soften the blow via a J.J Abrams show, they could have just ended Lost with an "it was aliens all along" ending, not only would more people have watched it but it would have left them with a far bitter taste in their mouths compared to what aired. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I'd tend to agree with the publicity stunt theory. At the end of the first video the guy says that the Air Force said air show crews were practising over El Paso, but gave no more info.
    humanji wrote: »
    Aren't they doing that for the new film Skyline? I thought I read somewhere that they had a big sham campaign planned.

Watched a trailer for that earlier tonight. Seems like a sort of souped up Cloverfield, but without the camcorder. Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Anyone remember reading about the time War of the Wrolds was aired first time on the radio i think in the 50's or 60's in the states?
    Well i think that may have been a social experiment and there is without doubt a few more on the way over the course of our future history.
    I guess false flag terrorist attacks could be considered a social experiment in itself as well as communism and democracy although the latter seems to have become quite popular ^^ even though it doesnt work lol
    Just go back to communism please everyone.At least you know where you stand with that lot.
    Was just laughing with my friend.He was saying we better pay the tv licience because they can get a gard with a warrant to break in your door if you ignore them.
    And i was laughing at how ridiculous that sounds,i think it isnt true really.
    Imagine your living in your own home minding your own bussiness not ever watching public TV and the gards smash in your door and a guy comes in shouting,
    "ok guys dont you Fing move you s.o.b, we got you now...oh wait wheres your tv? er sorry about your door."
    "Oh whats that over there? have you a licience for that radio? whats in your fridge? is that drugs i smell?"

But seriously its kind of hilarious if its really true that even though i am not ever using/watching/recieving any broadcasted programs and literally just the internet, i can still have my door broken in with a warrant so RTE can get some money out of me.
    Can they really do this? i dont think so myself but to be honest the world is pretty messed up and with all the talk i been doing about modern slavery i half believe its true aswell.
    Anyway my point is we are possibly still just being manipulated to believe something when the truth is not spoken about much at all.
    I realise in times past i have been enthusiastic and i thank some of you skeptics for pushing the boundaries of arrogance for my sake lol
    I have managed to chill out after all i have researched had time to settle and i think i am fairly balanced now in my perception of what is likely the case and more likely a show for our sakes.
    Im still reading books from the library on secret societies and psychology/manipulation etc but i think at this stage i have said and coverred most of the mind control that is going on here already and fdont ussually feel these days its worth repeating myself.
    Follow the money and motives not the tv and clouds is my opinion.
    both sides are wrong in alot of cases and i believe the truth falls in the middle now.So il be sitting here watching from the middle while the discussion about aliens landing will go on until the government admit it was just them with high tech equipment.
    But have fun anyway! i did and it was a fun journey which still has me wondering about aliens a very long time ago around the mayan times...just not right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

a fella Mark Pilkington speaking on newstalk/moncrieff now about UFO's, hoaxes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

joebucks wrote: »
    a fella Mark Pilkington speaking on newstalk/moncrieff now about UFO's, hoaxes etc
    Is he the blonde haired guy who does lectures on 2012 and the pineal gland/awakening? The name sounds very familiar and if so i enjoyed his talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Torakx wrote: »
    Is he the blonde haired guy who does lectures on 2012 and the pineal gland/awakening? The name sounds very familiar and if so i enjoyed his talks.

Not too sure about his history, today is first time I came across him

He has a book out and was just promoting that.

Here's his site

http://www.miragemen.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

Some have suggested that Skydivers could be an explanation, something like in this video.

What do you guys think?

Just so happened that the Golden Knights were in El Paso

http://armygk.com/2010/10/hola-el-paso-black-teams-in-town/

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I seen a UFO over limerick on the 11'th and video'd it, posted about it here in the limerick section but they all just saying it was a chinese lantern (which it wasnt)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Gneez wrote: »
    I seen a UFO over limerick on the 11'th and video'd it, posted about it here in the limerick section but they all just saying it was a chinese lantern (which it wasnt)
    I, like many of the posters in that thread, politely disagree. It looks exactly like a Chinese Lantern. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

To be fair, a Chinese lantern is a far more likely explanation than anything else one could come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Like I said, it had a hard electric light and was clearly moving under power but whatever, I'm not trying too hard to convince anyone else I know what I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

No , it was actually a chinese lantern - weather balloon
    And they are showing up all over the planet :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=511Llriwea8

Advertisement