Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I seen a UFO over Limerick and got a photo

Options
  • 13-10-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

So there I was going for a stroll Monday night, about 11:30pm (oct 11'th) had my headphones in and was walking down Thomas street (the newly pedestrianized part near mickey martins) and I caught sight over the buildings of a low flying, bright orange light that was moving slowly towards the northwest, It was completely silent and I estimate it at about 3 or 4 thousand feet in height, it was not a helicopter or plane, several people said to me that they thought it could be a Chinese lantern on a helium balloon which I concede it may have been, but to me the light was bright, intense and had a definite electric quality to it, it also moved like an artificial object (steady pace at about 4,000 feet height) and the light it was putting out gave me the distinct impression that it was artificial in nature.

By the way I've worked night shifts in Shannon for a long time, I know what planes and helicopters and ancillary aircraft look and sound like at night, this was nothing I've ever seen before, anyway here are the 3 photo's and video, unfortunately the photo's aren't exactly conclusive and as far as I can tell there was no other witness's (there was a guy and girl down the alley behind me where kranks korner used to be and I shouted to them to look at the giant glowing orb in the sky but apparently a dirty alley handjob was more interesting than UFO's to both of them)

Youtube video

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

and here's the three photo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Have you a video of the handjob?

turbobaby wrote: »
    Have you a video of the handjob?

alas I was too concerned with possibility of being evaporated by a glowing orange death ray in the sky to give into my pervy side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

The pictures don't work, dawg.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    The pictures don't work, dawg.

They work for me nyuggah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AlwaysRight

Myself and my house mate did see some weird object in the sky earlier when it was bright so we didn't see the bright light. But it was a similar colour. We tried to explain it as being a balloon but to be fair it didn't really look like one!! ha I didn't get photos because it went out of view very quickly. This is in UL by the way.

52.680714,-8.580408 If you search that in google maps you'll get the location of exactly where we saw it. There is always helicopters landing around there so it could be something explainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Brother in law said he saw something strange in the sky on the way home last night. and heh at the stop to check out the legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That's a chinese lantern. Have a google of them :) We get reports of them all the time in the astronomy forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Yep - I concur - Chinese lantern - passed over Raheen too - quite low so was fairly visible as a CL.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The next time I'm due a handjob down a dark Alley I'm going to release a couple of Chinese Lanterns first as a decoy/diversion/distraction...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Are Chinese Lanterns actually sold anyplace in Limerick?

Was gonna make some a while back but got too lazy to go searching for
    supplies, then was gonna order some but they were pricey for a bit of
    flame retardant paper and sticks.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

bullets wrote: »

~B

You can get them in Centra on the Dock Road.

~B
    foinse wrote: »
    You can get them in Centra on the Dock Road.

I saw them in the Crescent SC last week - Think it was Tesco hardware for something like €5.99

They should ban them altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cool, must get me some of them, write "bullets" on them and launch them
    into the sky! that Aul "bulletz" graffiti tagger whoever he is has been getting the limelight for too long. time to take my name to the skies!
    Wonder if you'd get done for littering for launching one Hmmmm.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

~B

Texaco petrol station in shannon have them as their current deal above the pump. 1.99 each.
    Must buy one, check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Until such time as we get footage of a little green man walking up to a camera and talking gobbeldigook, I remain unconvinced of extra terrestrial life

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

chawkes in castletory have them too. I expect to see a few of them over the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    The next time I'm due a handjob down a dark Alley I'm going to release a couple of Chinese Lanterns first as a decoy/diversion/distraction...... :D

That really is a nice thing for you to think of. I am sure your clients will appreciate it. :p

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I see that tesco in coonagh sell balloons with led lights built into them. Interesting. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Until such time as we get footage of a little green man walking up to a camera and talking gobbeldigook, I remain unconvinced of extra terrestrial life

What like this guy:

Kess73 wrote: »
    That really is a nice thing for you to think of. I am sure your clients will appreciate it. :p

Ouch - Left myself open there :(
    MarkR wrote: »
    I see that tesco in coonagh sell balloons with led lights built into them. Interesting. :-)

For €4 or so - Maplins Childers Road sell the same pack from the same Manufacturer for €13.

- Never buy from Maplins without checking every place else on Earth first - If you can't find an alternative source just do without - Don't encourage the Fcukers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ouch - Left myself open there :(

For €4 or so - Maplins Childers Road sell the same pack from the same Manufacturer for €13.

- Never buy from Maplins without checking every place else on Earth first - If you can't find an alternative source just do without - Don't encourage the Fcukers ;)

Very very true. Sometimes it is hard not to burst out laughing at how overpriced some of their stock is.

You remain unconvinced that extra terrestrial life doesn't exist, because they may not have visited our planet, out of the trillions of trillions of planets that exist? Sound logic!

dlofnep wrote: »
    You remain unconvinced that extra terrestrial life doesn't exist, because they may not have visited our planet, out of the trillions of trillions of planets that exist? Sound logic!

Whats RaN?

Is is something to do with Aliens?

Is it in or near Area 51?

Who PM's you about RaN?

How do they know they want access to RaN or even if they want to PM you if they don't know what it is?

:o

:(

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

dlofnep wrote: »

I was joking, forgot to put in a smiley.
    Whats RaN?

Is is something to do with Aliens?

Is it in or near Area 51?

Who PM's you about RaN?

How do they know they want access to RaN or even if they want to PM you if they don't know what it is?

:o

:(

:eek:

Get your tinfoil hat on

I was joking, forgot to put in a smiley.

My bad :( Dlofnep is a moody michael today!

*hug*

Meh it could have been a lantern if I misjudged its altitude and speed greatly, but I dont think it was, the light coming from it was HARD light, electric light, it wasnt soft light like you would get from a lantern, it also was moving at I guess about 50-70kph at 4,000 feet, not something a chinese lantern would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I laughed when you panned back down to the street to catch the 2 girls in short skirts walk by. Mankind about to be invaded by et, and you go checking out girls ;)

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    I laughed when you panned back down to the street to catch the 2 girls in short skirts walk by. Mankind about to be invaded by et, and you go checking out girls ;)

I always have time for dem legs and dat ass, even on the brink of first contact

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement