Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neil delamare..funny or annoying?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Seen him live twice (NUIM this year and last year) and actually could not stop laughing both times! He was hilarious!

He is definitely way better live than on tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Didn't like him on tv but then he was headlining a gig in the international and I laughed my balls off.

More recently for some reason he's funner on the blame game than the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubhdearg

saw his Vicar Street gig before Christmas - he was actually really good live, much better than on the Panel. Saw David O'Doherty same weekend - and Delamere was funnier (but O'Doherty was good)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thats the thing with TV shows and RTE in particular, they dont show the ability of their comedians.

Having being to The Panel maybe a half dozen times over the last 4 or 5 years, most of the funniest material that comes out in a taping never makes it to air because the producers obviously feel its too edgy, too offensive, not on point or whatever.

Most of the material that leaves the audience with stomach pains just never made it. I remember coming home from each taping and quoting the funniest bits (and obviously making a balls of retelling it but nonetheless) and then never seeing them on screen.

Its a pity because a lot of people get the wrong impression of some comedians because production or whoever is in charge of editing really blunt the material for air.

It does work both ways though, Andrew Maxwell is just flat out unfunny and whilst Murphy and Delamere are a hell of a lot funnier than they come off, Maxwell is actually the opposite and the Panel makes him look somewhat capable whereas his actual hit to miss ratio is appalling when you have the whole night to listen to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

The Panel has strongly discouraged me from seeking out any more of his material. Panel shows don't necessarily suit all comedians but if you decide to heavily cash in on one, producing nothing but bad impersonations and worse cheesy gags then don't expect to build a loyal following of stand up enthusiasts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement