Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love my ipod

Options
  • 16-10-2010 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I wanted an ipod for 5 or 6 years but never got one because I thought they were too expensive - until earlier this year I took the plunge and decided I'm going to get one. I was going to buy the ipod classic until I thought if I spend another 50 I can get myself an ipod touch 32gb. Then I thought another 100 euro and I can get a 64gb. And now I am a proud owner of an ipod touch. I cannot believe I lived all my life without an ipod. I love my ipod. I have all my music in the one device along with some dvds and music videos. I have so much playlists I never tire of it. But the best thing is I have all my favourite music together. It doesnt matter what kind of a crap day I am having I know once I get my earphones in and ipod on all will be ok. I love my ipod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I also love my iPod.

Music is great..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I also have an ipod touch 64gb and love it so so much. It's like my organiser, my jukebox and my tv all in one slick lil unit. Luverly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

This is why i Love my iPhone 4, add's my phone to that list as well, only one device in my pocket, permanently have everything i need with me, plus an internet conection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 CosmicPoison

I would be absolutely lost without my iPod! :D I <3 it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Same for me, iv just got my first mp3 this year and I love it!! :D 2000 songs and i can cut out all the fillers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

My ipod just died a few weeks ago... it's good that my car has can play MP3 CDs or else I'd be bored as hell.

• Moderators Posts: 51,719 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Never leave home without it.

And I don't miss the days of having to bring a backpack of mix CDs just in case my listenting mood changed during the day.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I never understood the ipod touch.

You're paying all that money for a significantly smaller capacity and an un-necessary touch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GarRo247

You're paying all that money for a significantly smaller capacity and an un-necessary touch screen.

It's not the touch screen people buy it for, it has lots of apps, games, and can browse the internet too. I'll be buying one when I get my Christmas bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

ipods are the best! i have one in the car hooked up to the radio...never get bored cos the ipod has so many songs!
    makes long flights interesting also!
    the touch is great too.... so many interesting apps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭earcandi

My mum put my ipod for a spin in the washing machine recently.. maybe santa will sort me out with a new one!?

..Now to leave this thread open where my mum can see it... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

mine was washed and dried a few months ago. I put it into a container of long grain rice for a few days, charged it up and it still works :D

the rice will draw any moisture out of the device

GarRo247 wrote: »
    It's not the touch screen people buy it for, it has lots of apps, games, and can browse the internet too. I'll be buying one when I get my Christmas bonus :)

Still though....the cost:capacity ratio is pretty awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Best present I ever got tbh, it's got my music, internet and apps. And the capacity is actually bigger than the nano I had before. I'd be lost without it <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I love my iPod touch to bits, but the capacity is a problem - I can't fit even half of my iTunes library on it. It's still amazing though, I literally haven't been properly bored since I got it for my last birthday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I wanted an ipod for 5 or 6 years but never got one because I thought they were too expensive - until earlier this year I took the plunge and decided I'm going to get one. I was going to buy the ipod classic until I thought if I spend another 50 I can get myself an ipod touch 32gb. Then I thought another 100 euro and I can get a 64gb. And now I am a proud owner of an ipod touch. I cannot believe I lived all my life without an ipod. I love my ipod. I have all my music in the one device along with some dvds and music videos. I have so much playlists I never tire of it. But the best thing is I have all my favourite music together. It doesnt matter what kind of a crap day I am having I know once I get my earphones in and ipod on all will be ok. I love my ipod.

I love your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

I <3 my 33246756-2-440-FT-2.jpg

I don't go anywhere without it:D

Namlub wrote: »
    Best present I ever got tbh, it's got my music, internet and apps. And the capacity is actually bigger than the nano I had before. I'd be lost without it <3

Yes, but I've been using ipod classics and so upgrading to a touch would be more like a downgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I also love my iPod, its an iPod touch but its only 8gb, who ever said size doesn't matter, it does mean i have to pick the music i put on it pretty carefully which in fairness i don't really mind, i just wish i could have more movies and tv shows on it than i do incase i ever get bored. I also am very anal about organising the music properly on the iPod, i signed up with tune-up just so i could have all the proper song names, album names, years and al the artwork right on it.

MOG7 wrote: »
    , i signed up with tune-up just so i could have all the proper song names, album names, years and al the artwork right on it.

What's this?
    I too am anal about these things.

• Advertisement

What's this?
    I too am anal about these things.

http://www.tuneupmedia.com/index.php

I don't really like paying for anything but to keep all my music properly named and in order i needed this. Not a single song goes onto my ipod without going through this first :o

So if I have that and upload my music without one shred of info...ie, 'track 1' by 'unknown artist' from 'unknown album'...a few hundred cds worth.

All I have to do is run them through this programme and it will sort it all out?

So if I have that and upload my music without one shred of info...ie, 'track 1' by 'unknown artist' from 'unknown album'...a few hundred cds worth.

All I have to do is run them through this programme and it will sort it all out?

Ye the programme when its installed opens on the right of your itunes, you can drag i think 500 songs at a time into the "Clean" box and it goes through them, i have founf a few songs it doesn't recognise or recognises as a different artist but 99% of the time it gets the correct song and artist. I paid the $30 for as many clean ups for ever so my ipod is in pretty good order.

My mates ipod on the other hand is a total mess and it really wrecks my head, he would have each band on it 2 or 3 or 4 times because they are spelt differently, eg. R.E.M. or REM or rem etc.

I love my ipod.

But you have to pay for it?

But you have to pay for it?

Ye sadly, there might be a programme like it for free if you check around, i've never even looked for one tbh.

How much was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

never understood ipod/iphone fanboyism, was given an ipod nano 3G as a present and wasnt particularly impressed by it (ok it did look and feel very nice) but the sound quality is dire and the price of it for the amount of storage is woeful.

much happier these days with my HTC wildfire, and for when i need huge amounts of music, my sony walkman, the sound qualit is brilliant!

How much was it?

$30 for as many songs as you like, or i think you can get one for $20 for 1 year. Well worth it imo and i didn't even think twice about buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

i think ipods are truely awesome!! i have the ipod mini, it's old, chunky and very outdated but i love it!! it never lets me down!! :D

• Advertisement

That's another ipod dead....

Advertisement