Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 16th oct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

if only brendan could've gotten his hands on bertie last year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Don't put a bet on in his shops, you will be banned if you are a constant winner.
    bet...your a bloody miser!

hes actually on 7-10

ivan saunters in late though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

hes actually on 7-10

Which means hes on at 8. Your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Don't put a bet on in his shops, you will be banned if you are a constant winner.

I heard at one time that a few of his branches were shut down at one time and he was in bad shape financially . Any truth in this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

After admitting about him pulling a pension while taking a state pension, he has lost all credibility.. carpet pulled completely from underneath him... And then again of the issue of him making money from gambling addicts... Well done Brendan.. I couldnt have asked the questions any better myself..

The whole thing about past public "servants" taking pensions and setting up their businesses really irks me..... I know guys who served the 21 years, now take a pension..... They set up their own business subsidized by the state pension.. i.e. so they can charge less to get the job.. The pension should be means tested... either take the pension (and retire on that alone) OR set up your business..

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

if only brendan could've gotten his hands on bertie last year!

He was always one of Bertie's stauchest defenders in the Sunday Independent.

He was always one of Bertie's stauchest defenders in the Sunday Independent.

ah tits. i don't read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Well thats the best bit over, time to switch channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Not sureif Yeats empire is in trouble only that rents to landlords and the like are ????????????

• Advertisement

Which means hes on at 8. Your point?
    youll find the news headlines are on at 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

ah tits. i don't read that.

You're not missing much! His articles read like the reactionary rantings of someone propping up the bar at a wealthy golf club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

The pension should be means tested... either take the pension (and retire on that alone) OR set up your business..

Ya agree but when do you means test, straight away after they leave, i.e. before business is successful? Or after several years when the business is doing well? What I mean is, if they leave to give a stab at business should you not give them a pension even though they served 20 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

hes actually on 7-10
    The last time i counted, 8 came somewhere between 7 and 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

You're not missing much! His articles read like the reactionary rantings of someone propping up the bar at a wealthy golf club.
    Indeed. The way some posters go on here you'd be forgiven for thinking he was the next Jeremy Paxman. A puffball, as Eamon Dunphy might say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Born a man, die a man, your not a car that can be modified.

:eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Who is that? Is he/she stoned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

in 4 hardybucks

• Advertisement

youll find the news headlines are on at 8!

They are usually late cos that twat won't shut up

Aidric wrote: »
    Indeed. The way some posters go on here you'd be forgiven for thinking he was the next Jeremy Paxman. A puffball, as Eamon Dunphy might say.

i think most here are comparing him to tubs, who's a shockingly bad interviewer who's political bias is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Born a man, die a man, your not a car that can be modified.

You might want to do a small bit of research before you go spouting things like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

I wonder how would Tubridy handle this one.

..."So how has the recession affected transexuals"...

They are usually late cos that twat won't shut up
    dont listen so!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Who is that? Is he/she stoned?

Changing sex is certainly one way of battling baldness... I'll give him/her that.. Fine mane on him/her now...
    Ya agree but when do you means test, straight away after they leave, i.e. before business is successful? Or after several years when the business is doing well?

ah would be easily enough done... Even if you included it as income so that it was taxed at the higher rate, that would be a start... but I think people should be classified as either i) working, and not in need of a pension or ii) retired and in need of a pension.... After they leave the public service, the could certainly be given the pension UNTIL they were earning at least the equivalent of the pension...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

100% a woman, I hope he kept the receipt.

dont listen so!:D

I don't, I switch over to Radio 1 in a state of panic after 7 when he comes on, will be the cause of me crashing the car some morning

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

hes actually on 7-10

He's not on 7-10 because there's news headlines at 7,8 & 9. And not to mention the adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

who the he'll is he/she/it?

Advertisement