Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angry Birds is out!! And it's FREE!!

Options
  • 15-10-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Yay.
    Angry Birds available for Android

IT’S HERE. AND IT’S FREE. After an extended period of beta testing, Rovio is proud to present Angry Birds for the Android platform. First of all, we’d like to thank you for your patience.

Why is Angry Birds free on Android? We want to make Angry Birds available for as many people as possible. Previously, many people were experiencing problems in finding Angry Birds on Android Market, but now everybody can download the game on their device.

Angry Birds will run on second generation Android devices and upwards, with Android platform 1.6 or later. Your device needs to support OpenGL ES 2.0. QVGA display resolution is not supported currently, but we will add support for QVGA devices soon.

Angry Birds Android features mobile advertising. A future update will include the option to purchase and opt out of advertisements.

To get the game now, you can download Angry Birds on your device for free exclusively from GetJar (http://www.getjar.com/angry-birds). It will soon be available on the Android Market and Motorola SHOP4APPS, free of charge as well.

We have worked long and hard to ensure that Angry Birds gives the best possible experience on Android, and we believe we have reached our goal. We welcome our fans to see for themselves and have fun playing Angry Birds!

More Angry Birds goodies:

-Become a facebook fan: facebook.angrybirds.com
    -Follow us on Twitter: twitter.angrybirds.com
    -Official page: www.angrybirds.com
    -Youtube: youtube.angrybirds.com

Have fun!

Best regards,

The Angry Birds Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Linky no worky... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Link seems to be down. Everyone must be trying to download it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Nooooo....my download stopped working halfway through and now the page is down!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Playing now :D

Happy out that it's free, I can handle a few ads!!

• Advertisement

OK, can somebody Dropbox the .apk file or something? I will too if I get a successful download... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I can't see it on the market?

RasTa wrote: »
    I can't see it on the market?

It's not on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Even just attach the apk here - no copyright infringement or piracy issues so don't worry!

If only i'd noticed it was available 5 mins earlier I could have downloaded it by now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wahoo! Just downloaded it from getjar.com, and just in time for my 11 hours of flight time tomorrow.
    Strange (but popular) choice to make it available for free, based on an advertising revenue model. I reckon they could have cleaned up on downloads today alone.

Another selling point for the Android (Though the decision is probably down to the ease of piracy!).

• Advertisement

JustinOval wrote: »
    It's not on the market.

Why not?

RasTa wrote: »
    Why not?

Can't you read? :p

Can't you read? :p

Haha getting ahead of myself, cheers.

Would anyone be so kind as to upload the .apk to Yousendit ot Dropbox? Please? :D

tppuh.png

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, can't get it.

Will try later when the demand eases.

Yeah no rush, in work and gotta go training for the next 4 hours.

Try this dropbox link folks. Hope it works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Another Dropbox link, thanks for uploading. ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11616153/AngryBirds_1.3.5.apk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Would anyone be so kind as to upload the .apk to Yousendit ot Dropbox? Please? :D

Just PMd you a URL link

reb73 wrote: »
    Just PMd you a URL link

Got it. Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Woo to the HOO!!! thanks peeps!

Now if anyone wants me I'll be in the Bog, for the rest of the day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

Go to http://m.getjar.com on your phone to download

EDIT: that seems to be down too now!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

I love boards! you guys are the dog's bo***x seriously thanks for the link :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Downloaded that link to my phone, getting either "cannot parse package" with default installer or out of space errors using apk manager or astro...HTC Legend...anyone else having problems installing?

Edit: 47 MB free internally, should be plenty I imagine?

Downloaded that link to my phone, getting either "cannot parse package" with default installer or out of space errors using apk manager or astro...HTC Legend...anyone else having problems installing?

Well plenty, I think it's 12Mb in total or so. Although for some reason it's un-installed itself on my phone along with other apps so can check exact size.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Working fine on my Legend, but i installed with HTC Sync

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Please god tell me this can be installed on the SD card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

working fine for me, i downloaded it to my pc and used awesome drop to my phone, and it installs straight to the sd card! Happy Days :P

Advertisement