Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Plague of Flies

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, that's not a cluster fly - cluster flies are black and kinda fatter. There are a lot of those you pictured around at the moment, I don't know what they are though I have a notion they might be cattle or pasture related - I'm not sure where I got that notion from, could be wrong. We haven't had swarms of them though, just a few at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭greek88

looksee wrote: »
    No, that's not a cluster fly - cluster flies are black and kinda fatter. There are a lot of those you pictured around at the moment, I don't know what they are though I have a notion they might be cattle or pasture related - I'm not sure where I got that notion from, could be wrong. We haven't had swarms of them though, just a few at any one time.

We were the same only ours were upstairs.there were about 100 or so in the attic and 8-9 in some rooms upstairs on any given day. i basically went to attic and sprayed the lot. left the ones in the rooms upstairs alone as didnt want to spray the rooms. ater a few days they had all gone, and nothing since.

Advertisement