Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New patch 1.1.2

• 14-10-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Edit 2: Servers are working with the new patch now.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.1.2

General

-Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to "Busy."
    -The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified
    -Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player's teammates.

Balance

PROTOSS
    Buildings
    -Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
    Void Ray
    -Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).
    -Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).
    -Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.
    TERRAN
    Buildings
    -Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
    -Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.
    Medivac
    -Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
    -Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.
    Reaper
    -Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.
    Thor
    -Energy bar removed.
    -250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).
    ZERG
    Buildings
    -Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
    -Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
    -Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
    -Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
    -Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.
    Corruptor
    -Energy bar removed.
    -Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).
    Infestor
    -Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.
    Roach
    -Range increased from 3 to 4.

Bug Fixes

-Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.
    -Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.
    -Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.
    -Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.
    -Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Nerd for terran and toss.
    Big increase in range for roaches will make them rock solid. Zerg buildings also get nice strength increase. I am glad I stuck with Zerg now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i think the void ray nerf is very reasonable.

not too happy with the supply / barrack / reaper nerf, but it was expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Reapers are practically useless now. Too late for early game and too weak for mid or late game. Still, it suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

The change to void rays turns them from a high risk high reward micro intensive unit into another attack move unit. Yay. Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Eh, void ray seems to have gotten worse?

And yeah, reapers are useless :P

• Advertisement

If you call a 20% decrease to damage vs light and a > 40% decrease to armoured damage when fully charged "gotten worse". More like nerfed the **** out of them because noone used non fully charged void rays in a fight. Only VR rushing noobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    If you call a 20% decrease to damage vs light and a > 40% decrease to armoured damage when fully charged "gotten worse". More like nerfed the **** out of them because noone used non fully charged void rays in a fight. Only VR rushing noobs.

didnt you void ray rush me once? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Regarding Protoss

the voidray nerf

This will affect a large amount of bronze/silver/gold games, especially 2v2s, 3v3s, etc

As a zerg player I could deal with super fast banshees or a nasty drop from Terran as I had some time during the attack to react. But the voidray rush charged on my gas, by the time my army pulled back, would be curtains for most of my zerg buildings/queens/anti-air. As a Terran player it was a little easier to stop due to marines and scan.

I feel the flux veins is a big change aswell, as Protoss I would nearly always try to get beacon and flux during the larger games and be able to take out 2 or even 3 players with just a gaggle of voidrays well microed - pretty crazy.

Good that the Nexus gets tougher, less marauder takedowns hopefully

High templar feedbacks got a pretty big hit with the energy removed from corrupters and thors. Hmm not so good.

The terran changes were expected - even if a little tough. The trump card of early barracks rush and fast reapers are now gone. I feel terran are definitely gonna loose that early edge and expect them not to dominate as much anymore.

Zerg, as expected, do very nicely out of this patch. I must admit I am a little surprised that nothing happened to hydralisks which are still rarely used, but roaches get a huge buff with the range increase. The stronger buildings are a good change too.

My overall feeling of that patch is that the early game will obviously be more settled, there will be less voidray dominance of bigger games and the competitive scene will see more Zergs winning and getting to later stages in the tourneys, we might even get to see Zerg v Zerg in a semi or final of a big tourney which would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Very upset about the void ray nerf :( Over half my wins were void ray rushes.. Guess I'll be changing my tactics around a bit, but then again the key to winning in games like these is adapting- so its all good, I suppose!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Very surprised there has been nothing done to the Hyrdas at this stage; they're getting frozen out a little bit. I'm guessing the high-level players are using them more than the rest of us? I try and mix in a few in my groups, but unless I have major creep highways I avoid using them (though they're useful with some shock Nydus drops)

But as a non Terran player, could someone explain why the Reper is felt to be so terrbily nerfed? Sure they don't have the speed upgrade easily built, but I don't see how cheesy SpeedReaper builds are any great loss to SC2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i like the update.
    lessening rushes makes for better games because they go on a bit longer.

id say the biggest impact will be seen in 3v3 and 4v4 where i seem to see the most reaper and void ray rushes.
    rarely see them in 1v1.

didnt you void ray rush me once? :pac::pac:
    Yes, back when I was even worse at sc2 than I am atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

pixelburp wrote: »
    Very surprised there has been nothing done to the Hyrdas at this stage; they're getting frozen out a little bit. I'm guessing the high-level players are using them more than the rest of us? I try and mix in a few in my groups, but unless I have major creep highways I avoid using them (though they're useful with some shock Nydus drops)

But as a non Terran player, could someone explain why the Reper is felt to be so terrbily nerfed? Sure they don't have the speed upgrade easily built, but I don't see how cheesy SpeedReaper builds are any great loss to SC2.

Speed reapers had excellent map control and were a top harassment unit. This could give time to build forces back home and expand. It wouldnt have been odd for me to have about 3-5 reapers pinning a zerg or terran into their base while I had my way.

I think its completely OTT to literally remove a unit from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

TheDoc wrote: »
    Speed reapers had excellent map control and were a top harassment unit. This could give time to build forces back home and expand. It wouldnt have been odd for me to have about 3-5 reapers pinning a zerg or terran into their base while I had my way.

I think its completely OTT to literally remove a unit from the game.
    I agree. I use reapers to scout, hold xel'naga towers. Their speed and mobility lets you keep an eye on most of the map.

I do agree with trying to restrict the early 3-4 reaper rush which was very annoying. However under this patch you can still amass 3-5 reapers quickly, OK they won't have speed upgrade but they will still hurt your economy if used well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

some of this patch is really annoying.

Why dont they just nerf marauders instead of increasing building health pools?

The void ray thing seems to be misplaced as well, the problem with VRs is that with rushes they can charge up on rocks and things in your base away from troops and then be DESTROYERS OF WORLDS very easily. Why not just make it longer for them to charge up and lose the three charge quicker?

The reaper change is tough as well, i rarely made them (and lost to zerg as a result), now ill never bother making them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Terran are basically going to lose a lot of early game versatility in team games, especially against 6 pooling Zerg(s), but not like anybody cares. Like someone on the official Forums stated it took years of balance to make BW the game it ended up being and it's going to be the same for SC2. Luckily, so far, Blizzard haven't done anything radical although they're only promoting Mech builds with Terran now, especially Thor (drops), but they're definitely going in the right direction.

While the Zerg building changes may seem minor they were needed and will effect gameplay in a positive way. Generally, so will all the new changes so (as a T player who never used Reapers early game anyway) I'm looking forward to these changes a lot :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dacian wrote: »
    I agree. I use reapers to scout, hold xel'naga towers. Their speed and mobility lets you keep an eye on most of the map.

I do agree with trying to restrict the early 3-4 reaper rush which was very annoying. However under this patch you can still amass 3-5 reapers quickly, OK they won't have speed upgrade but they will still hurt your economy if used well.
    Well this is it - was the speed upgrade that much of a difference that they're now completely ruined as an early harrassment unit? 3-5 reapers is still surely a good disruption tactic against the other guy's economy.

Reapers will still be effective on the usual maps like MT, LT and SS. Maybe we'll even see them a bit more on DQ now although that maps generally terrible for anything other than Mech Builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Terran are basically going to lose a lot of early game versatility in team games, especially against 6 pooling Zerg(s), but not like anybody cares. Like someone on the official Forums stated it took years of balance to make BW the game it ended up being and it's going to be the same for SC2. Luckily, so far, Blizzard haven't done anything radical although they're only promoting Mech builds with Terran now, especially Thor (drops), but they're definitely going in the right direction.

While the Zerg building changes may seem minor they were needed and will effect gameplay in a positive way. Generally, so will all the new changes so (as a T player who never used Reapers early game anyway) I'm looking forward to these changes a lot :)

I was reading this too, and I don't know how 6 pools are suddenly more affective against me when I play terran? I have to deal with it in exactly the same way as before? weird

The only viable way to defend 2 6 pooling Zergs in 2v2 is to do Reapers with speed.

• Advertisement

The only viable way to defend 2 6 pooling Zergs in 2v2 is to do Reapers with speed.

or by having 1 or two marines in a walled off ramp with a bunker and one or two scvs there for repair.

And your ally? Anyway, on 2v2 maps you don't have time to scout the 6 pool without severely damaged your economic advantage.

protoss can use 2 gateways or 1 gate one cybernetics core and a zeaot in the gap to wall off. which is really effective against zerglings.

if your team mate is zerg then you have a problem, unless you manage to get two or 3 spine crawlers down as a wall off. which would be hard.

as for scouting. send your scv after your 10 supply depot and look for the pool and about 8 drones.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    protoss can use 2 gateways or 1 gate one cybernetics core and a zeaot in the gap to wall off. which is really effective against zerglings.

if your team mate is zerg then you have a problem, unless you manage to get two or 3 spine crawlers down as a wall off. which would be hard.

as for scouting. send your scv after your 10 supply depot and look for the pool and about 8 drones.

Ling micro will break through that Zealot in seconds - at 10 supply it's far too late to scout 6 pool.

i doubt it,
    a zealot can take out a lot of zerglings so long as they dont get a surround on him. which is why you put him in the gap, only 1, maybe 2 zerglings can get a hit on him at a time. and by the time that zealots starts to go down, you will have a second out ready to fight.

if a 10 scout is too late, then sacrifice a the extra scv for an early scout, but make sure to not lose him. all you need to do is spot the pool.

i doubt it,
    a zealot can take out a lot of zerglings so long as they dont get a surround on him. which is why you put him in the gap, only 1, maybe 2 zerglings can get a hit on him at a time. and by the time that zealots starts to go down, you will have a second out ready to fight.

if a 10 scout is too late, then sacrifice a the extra scv for an early scout, but make sure to not lose him. all you need to do is spot the pool.

You've never seen 6 pooling Zergs kill the Zealot by simply microing the targetted Ling back until the Zealot is dead and then killing the Pylon?

i havent seen it been done yet,
    but im not sayin your worng.

ill give it a try later, and see how it works out.
    see if theres options for protoss to defend a 6 pool.

Basically, just get a friend to 6 pool and produce the standard 6 lings and rush the Toss. Just micro the targetted Ling back and voila, in a few seconds Zealot is dead and you have 12 ling in the Toss base. Same against Zerg, and double Terran is rare in any form of team games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Considering dropping Terran for protoss or zerg, the nerfs coming constantly to Terran are getting frustrating beyond belief : /

Playing random strictly now in 2v2 and terran is a struggle.

• Advertisement

i havent seen it been done yet,
    but im not sayin your worng.

ill give it a try later, and see how it works out.
    see if theres options for protoss to defend a 6 pool.
    Have you actually defended a 6 pool in a game as protoss?

Advertisement