Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pill and spots

Options
  • 14-10-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, ive had mild form of acne since I was 10/11, (18 now). Ive litreally tired everything i can get my hands on. The past few years its really starting to get to me alot more and i've decided i want to go on the pill. Many of my friends are on it and their skin is perfect!
    So, the thing is, people say my skin isnt that bad and some days i can agree with them, but its got to the stage now where its really really getting me down no matter how good/bad it is, its still there either way. Im afraid that if I go to my doctor and tell her i want to go on the pill for my skin she'll tell me that my skin isnt that bad, blah-de-blah and wont prescribe me the pill but a cream/lotion instead that takes 8 months to see real results.
    Im thinking of just telling her I want to go on it for ''other reasons'' just so that she'll definetly prescribe me it and I can get rid of my acne asap!!
    Thoughts would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

I'd advise against it. Really I would. Lying to your doctor, even by omission is never a good idea. The reason a Dr. may prescribe a cream/antibiotics for acne is that they have less negatives/risks. Please remember it is hormones you're discussing here.

Talk to your Dr, tell him/her how your acne makes you feel. The fact you say it upsets you, even when your skin is good, means well if the pill clears your skin will it help?. I have moderate acne myself, and scaring even when clear is hard to live with.

Please be honest with your Dr. and just be clear about what you want. I feel your pain, acne sucks cupcakes. :mad: Chances are s/he'll have no issue giving you the pill if it's suitable, but bear in mind, women react differently to the pill, with some it causes acne to become worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Id agree with honestly telling your doctor why you want it.

There are some pills which are brilliant for skin issues and those which aren't so good, so obviously you want one which is good for clearing skin. Iv been in your shoes and its so hard having friends with perfect skin when you feel awful about yours. but don't worry about what the Dr thinks, chances are, if your Dr is female especially, that she totally understands where your coming from and has heard it all before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Not being honest with your doc will come back to bite you in the ass eventually. As above just be honest.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement