Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there so much hate out there for black women.....?

Options
  • 14-10-2010 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I can't go out anymore and feel happy in my own skin since i realised there really isn't much love for black women.
    In my race there is lots(Within my race), and i never NEVER NEVER EVER want to marry into my race NEVER personal reasons, i get the odd >.> odd guy coming up to me but seriously am a total D4 and an ereo, so in other words odd guys isn't what i want.... Well anyway Am here to ask

What do people hate about black women i want to see the hate so don't be afaird to speak or type or whatever.
    Ijust wanna know now because in no way am i light skin and i wanna know why normal (White/Asian/Anyone not dark skined) college student don't come up to me and at least ask me out... am not very troubled by this am just wonder why its like this..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Frei

I am sorry that you feel that way about yourself, you describe yourself as an oreo - meaning black on the outside white on the inside? I have only ever heard that term being used by African Americans as a derogatory term towards other African Americans for various silly and bigoted reasons.

First of all there is nothing wrong with being darker skinned. I have a friend who is very dark skinned and she has guys falling all over her - Irish/Indian/African guys- every guy! She is confident and comfortable in her own skin. That is the most important thing - to be happy with yourself.

I know that it can be hard at times to be different. I see that a lot with young black girls, trying to fit in - it can be confusing. I remember when I was little wishing I had hair that fell down like all the other girls in my class rather than sticking up and all curly. People were always touching my hair (even strangers on the street) Now that I am older and wiser and appreciate diversity, I love my hair the way it is -I never straightened it because why should I? I look different but so what :) It's natural to want to fit in with your peers and if your peers happen to be quite different in appearance to you, it can be another layer of complexity.

My advice to you is just to be yourself, love yourself and try not to dwell on "hate towards black women" People like that are not worth your time. Just realise that when you look different to the majority sometimes people are just plain stupid. It is the story of humanity. Be confident with yourself and you will be fine. Take some inspiration from strong black women!

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/black+beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I am unsure how threads on humanities normally progress so i am going to respond more in the vein of where this was originally posted (PI).

As per the above poster I am sorry that you feel that way.
    In terms of wondering why no-one ever comes and asks you out in college - are you sure it is to do with your skin colour and is not more related to how others perceive you?

What I am getting at is that maybe you are not projecting a good self-image.
    Fact of the matter is I was in college years ago with a woman, not a typical beauty, at least not per media standards, but she despite being quite ill exuded happiness and a love of life that drew people to her.
    Now as time moved on she started to view herself as more and more a victim of life - her illnesses came to define her - and we could all see the immediate effect was that despite looking the same she drew less and less people to her.

I guess what I am getting at is maybe for others to approach you - you need to really come to terms with who you are - love yourself for who you are and how you look. I know it is trite - but force down those negative thoughts and replace them with happy cheerful ones. Try it today - just keep smiling - find an old happy memory and let that flow out of you.

Say hello to random people on campus and smile - don't mind some of the negative responses - but put yourself out there as a cheerful - positive - and above all else someone who is confident. Not over confident - but someone who is at peace with themselves and enjoys the company of others...

Don't give up - and don't let bigots convince you that you are not attractive or worth knowing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Weetbix wrote: »
    I can't go out anymore and feel happy in my own skin since i realised there really isn't much love for black women.
    In my race there is lots(Within my race), and i never NEVER NEVER EVER want to marry into my race NEVER personal reasons, i get the odd >.> odd guy coming up to me but seriously am a total D4 and an ereo, so in other words odd guys isn't what i want.... Well anyway Am here to ask

What do people hate about black women i want to see the hate so don't be afaird to speak or type or whatever.
    Ijust wanna know now because in no way am i light skin and i wanna know why normal (White/Asian/Anyone not dark skined) college student don't come up to me and at least ask me out... am not very troubled by this am just wonder why its like this..

ive always found black women ;) incredibly attractive and sexy , curvy , voloptous , thier what a real woman should look like , i on the other hand dont find oriental women attractive at all and i havent a whole lot of time for eastern european women either for that matter ( no warmth or an ability to smile ) , so you see its a case of doctors differ , i seriously doubt thier is a dislike of black women out there among reasonable people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Weetbix wrote: »

First of all, you take the fact that guys don't approach you to mean they 'hate' all black women, which is absurd. Secondly, you refuse to consider the possibility of a relationship with a black man, yet criticise others who apparently don't want a relationship with a black woman, which is just pure hypocrisy.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement