Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anything is worth a shot..

Options
  • 13-10-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I was reading a post last night titled 'Getting Over Someone'. As a newly single person myself I have tried almost everything when it comes to kicking my own ass to lift my mood. There was one thing that I hadn't tried and was probably made famous by Meridith & Christina in Grey's Anatomy.

It's putting a great kick ass song on at top volume and having a good aul bop around your bedroom/sitting room floor.

So with the help of you ladies I'd like to make a playlist of songs to lift spirits when live seems bleak and crap..

I'll start....

Beyonce... The Beyonce Experience Live CD
    Aerosmith - Pink

P.P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 babs78

Erasure - Drama
    Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
    Echo & the Bunnymen - The Cutter
    Style Council - Walls Come Tumbling Down
    Def Lepard - Pour Some Sugar on Me

Yeah, yeah, I know - my music tastes go out the window when I'm feeling down

The Killers do it for me.

A lot of ABBA and some drunk mates to dance with is a great bonus!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

It's putting a great kick ass song on at top volume and having a good aul bop around your bedroom/sitting room floor.

So with the help of you ladies I'd like to make a playlist of songs to lift spirits when live seems bleak and crap..

ah funny i posted an advice to someone saying this exact same thing!!

Ok my "get happy/good mood/ dance" top 3 songs are:

-Royksopp- happy up here
    -Gorillaz- 19/2000 souldchild remix
    -Whitey- leave them all behind

-and pretty much any dance songs by David guetta, i mean impossible not to dance to his stuff !

And in case you would think anyone is too old to dance check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mP3oGnr0Gw&feature=player_embedded

All the best to you and happy "get over him" time;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

pinkpigs wrote: »
    There was one thing that I hadn't tried and was probably made famous by Meridith & Christina in Grey's Anatomy.

*Ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

haha, this one might sound kiddy-ish.....but Stronger by Britney always helped!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Motivation - Sum 41
    Surburban knights - Hard Fi (reminds me of chatting to this REALLY hot boy after the break up!)

This is all I can think of off the top of my head for now! Now I'm off to listen to Hard Fi and smile to myself.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Misery Business by Paramore
    Then when revenge is on your mind
    Its All Tears by HIM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"Weak" by skunk anansie.
    "Bother" or "Through Glass" by Stone Sour.

(all kinds of tear jerkers, so to riiise it up..)

"Show me how to live" and "Gasoline" by Audioslave. (raise the rawk \m/:))
    or If I feel I reeeeeealy reeeeeealy need the cheese....

("Boom shake the room"....Fresh Prince!..boo yeahhh! bring back the 90's I say!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Dante

Listening to Jimmy Page at the end of the live version of Stairway to Heaven usually takes my mind off most things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
    Blink 182 - What's my Age again
    Guns 'n Roses - Paradise City
    The Monkees - I'm A Believer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Maybe something a bit different:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I've never done it to get over someone but if I'm feeling down, I find I don't need an upbeat/uplifting song. I just listen to something with really great musicianship. I think it kind of makes you realise that there are great, amazing things in the world and everything is not so bad!

For me that's often listening to songs other people would find depressing - Jeff Buckley, Radiohead etc - but it improves my mood, not what you'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Im kind of opposite, The songs i listen to depend on my mood, not my mood depepnding on what im listening to.
    I dont listen to upbeat songs to cheer me up. I listen to sad songs, e.g. radiohead, if im in a good mood ill listen to Toto or GNR or anything really. If im angry ill listen to the likes of Metallica/Megadeth/Trivium.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

pinkpigs wrote: »
    There was one thing that I hadn't tried and was probably made famous by Meridith & Christina in Grey's Anatomy.

As a religious-like follower of the show I have found myself doing this sometimes without even deciding to...

Some of the songs I first thought to recommend I feel may now be unappropriate, I'm more a music person than lyric person but here's but a (very)random few:

Calypso - Spiderbait http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRFRTsiTRdk
    Mr Blue Sky - ELO
    Light and Day - Polyphonic Spree
    The Killers, particularly their live recording in albert hall of day&age
    I'll be there for you - The Rembrandts
    St Elmo's Fire (man in motion) - John Parr
    Ain't no mountain high enough - marvin gaye
    message in a bottle - the police (air guitar dancing!)
    vogue - madonna
    do your thing - basement jaxx
    all the small things - blink 182 (Still gutted I missed them in August)
    sweet child of mine - G 'n' R
    kids - mgmt

anything from the blizzards, calvin harris, florence and the machine, busted (I know lame but I was young when they were out), scouting for girls, AQUA (except turnback time in this instance), basshunter, the darkness, hellogoodbye, michael jackson, spice girls (girlpower!), greenday (especially bullet in a bible). Ok I'll stop there before my epically weird tastes overpower me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

any guy who says he hasnt done this in an empty house is a liar, a liar! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Pretty much anything by Aretha Franklin. Especially this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pinkpigs

good call SouthSideRosie.... must try a bit of Aretha..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Has to be 'I'm a Survivor' - Destiny's Child.

The amount of times I've been on the dancefloor, punching my fist in the air to that song (back in the day) has helped me get over many a man:D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

"I loved Jordan Catalano so much, and talked about him so much, and thought about him so much, it was like he lived inside me. Like he had taken possession of my soul, or something. And then one day…I got over him!"

Cue Angela Chase freaking out around the bedroom to Blister in the Sun by the Violent Femmes. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, so can't say if the scene compares, but this was a fantastic moment.

However, as far as I recall, she was about as over him as ... something not very over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

pappilon-editors...

anything by katy perry...

queen...dont stop me now...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Queen - Killer Queen
    Devin Townsend Project - Resolve!
    Dresden Dolls - Girl Anachronism
    Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills
    Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
    Pantera - F*cking Hostile
    Placebo - Nancy Boy
    Rush - Freewill
    Rainbow - Stargazer
    Dio - Holy Diver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Britney's Greatest Hits alwyas lifts my spirits! Especially "Toxic".

Advertisement