Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero Carbon homes

Options
  • 05-10-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi

I have been asked to do a critical reveiw on zero carbon homes with particular reference to the uk 2016 deadline. I was wondering if anyone had any material or ideas where I could look for info. Cheers

lynchy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, the official details are at http://www.zerocarbonhub.org/ . Ideas? For starters, what exactly do they mean by "zero carbon"? Do they mean carbon-neutral in construction, or when in use, or both? There's a lot of literature on the "PassivHaus" (Germany) and Zero Energy Buildings (USA), if it's about the house. Or, can you meet the requirement by offsets e.g. buying credits or planting trees? ;)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement