Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet n' Greet in Limerick City

Options
  • 03-10-2010 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hey there ladies and gents, how about we get to know each other? Just post a little something about yourself (eg will be my next post)

You can write as much or as little as you want.
    And chat with all your neighbors :)

I thought this would be a good way for people in Limerick to make new friends (irl or online)

OK! and GO!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

hey, i'm Savanna (20 y.o.).. I'm currently living in miami, florida but in december i am set to move to limerick city with my fiance. he pretty much knows half the town so i'm on here to make some friends of my own :p

i love film, art, music, wigs and makeup, body art, ireland, my man, my friends, my family and and outrageous people. <3 (not necessarily in that order)

i am cuban and american, have lived in miami all my life and kind of scared for my first move to be so far away!

but what i'm most scared of about moving over there is
    driving on the left side! :o
    he he he!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

hey, i'm Savanna (20 y.o.).. I'm currently living in miami, florida but in december i am set to move to limerick city with my fiance. he pretty much knows half the town so i'm on here to make some friends of my own :p

i love film, art, music, wigs and makeup, body art, ireland, my man, my friends, my family and and outrageous people. <3 (not necessarily in that order)

i am cuban and american, have lived in miami all my life and kind of scared for my first move to be so far away!

but what i'm most scared of about moving over there is
    driving on the left side! :o
    he he he!

We don't drive on the left side here in Limerick

We don't drive on the left side here in Limerick
    i heard its mainly one way streets... or are you just tugging my non-existent balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

limklad wrote: »
    They will screw you in More orifices than that one I am Afraid and they rob and mug you blind with a rye smile while doing it!! and our Wille will be ahead of the pack and say be patriotic and take it for IRELAND!!

Are we still discussing the meet and greet?

- No wonder People are a bit wary of showing up at them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Meet and greet sounds more like an orgy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

kilburn wrote: »
    Meet and greet sounds more like an orgy

You must go to some very strange orgies...

It was that boards compatability thing that dragged this thread and the random waffle thread down. Every where i look its about bareback, what will the americans think when they move !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread can still be saved if I move all the silly stuff over to the waffle thread :)

I'll tidy it up tonight and see if more people will post a bit more about themselves in here. It might last longer than the Limerick Heads photos thread anyway! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

we're just a pvt bunch really, who knows sunshineoh may be working for the C.I.A and has been looking through our profiles, gartering any info on the study of Limerick people. What was it Freud said about the Irish race?

padma wrote: »
    we're just a pvt bunch really, who knows sunshineoh may be working for the C.I.A and has been looking through our profiles, gartering any info on the study of Limerick people. What was it Freud said about the Irish race?

He said "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

- I was there that night, said its your round Siggy, get to the Bar you tight Bastard.

• Advertisement

:eek: feck! you blew my cover!!!! lol, i wish i was.... but i just wanna go to ireland :P

:) you never know sunshineoh. Btw Failte go H'eireann. You'll be welcomed in the land of a thousand welcomes.

:) you never know sunshineoh. Btw Failte go H'eireann. You'll be welcomed in the land of a thousand welcomes.
    go raibh maith agat :D

Okay, time to get this thread back on track! All the posts that have disappeared from here are now in the "Waffle" thread :)

I'm Tommy, 22 years old, and I've lived in suburban Limerick for my whole life (apart from holidays and time spent in the Gaeltacht).

I used to love playing sports, especially Gaelic Football and soccer. I've been playing in goals for both sports since I was 10 years old. I also love poetry (published twice in the White House Poetry/REVIVAL journal) and music (was in a band for a while around the turn of the year), and spending ridiculous hours every day on the Internet.

I'm currently studying for a Master's degree in Irish, while spending most of my free time on Boards or working on new recipes for dinner. My current speciality is chicken tequila tagliatelle (based on a recipe I discovered in Luigi Malone's) although I've been known to make the same dish for my girlfriend's vegetarian house-mate with cashew nuts instead of chicken.

Okay, time to get this thread back on track! All the posts that have disappeared from here are now in the "Waffle" thread :)

I'm Tommy, 22 years old, and I've lived in suburban Limerick for my whole life (apart from holidays and time spent in the Gaeltacht).

I used to love playing sports, especially Gaelic Football and soccer. I've been playing in goals for both sports since I was 10 years old. I also love poetry (published twice in the White House Poetry/REVIVAL journal) and music (was in a band for a while around the turn of the year), and spending ridiculous hours every day on the Internet.

I'm currently studying for a Master's degree in Irish, while spending most of my free time on Boards or working on new recipes for dinner. My current speciality is chicken tequila tagliatelle (based on a recipe I discovered in Luigi Malone's) although I've been known to make the same dish for my girlfriend's vegetarian house-mate with cashew nuts instead of chicken.
    lol, i think you are actually the first person aside from me to post anything about yourself :pac:

lol, i think you are actually the first person aside from me to post anything about yourself :pac:

I actually copied and pasted your post, edited what was relevant to me and deleted the rest! :D Hopefully we'll get a few more people to post soon enough. It's 5:25 in the morning here, so I'd imagine most of the regular posters are in bed!

I actually copied and pasted your post, edited what was relevant to me and deleted the rest! :D Hopefully we'll get a few more people to post soon enough. It's 5:25 in the morning here, so I'd imagine most of the regular posters are in bed!
    right, i've got dublin time on my phone :P here its only 12:28 so i'm just waisting time before bed... i wish i had more beer!

Its going to be Friday night here 5 hours before it hits Florida.

- You have so much to look forward to.

Raiser wrote: »
    Its going to be Friday night here 5 hours before it hits Florida.

- You have so much to look forward to.
    lol, well i forgot to make plans so right now i have nothing to look forward to yet... :P

lol, well i forgot to make plans so right now i have nothing to look forward to yet... :P

Get more beer then make a necklace out of Cheerios and some string - Come back when you're bored again.

• Advertisement

Get more beer then make a necklace out of Cheerios and some string - Come back when you're bored again.
    done! lol i craft things way to fast when i'm drunk :D

done! lol i craft things way to fast when i'm drunk :D

Back in 6 Minutes?

Ok....

Hmmmm

Find things conveniently nearby that look like (.)(.) and post pictures :p

Back in 6 Minutes?

Ok....

Hmmmm

Find things conveniently nearby that look like (.)(.) and post pictures :p
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    2qwzn93.jpg

Nice pair - Real too I'd say!!!

Nice pair - Real too I'd say!!!
    yup, real alkaline alright ;)

would you like another? i'm sure i have more boobish things around the house

yup, real alkaline alright ;)

would you like another? i'm sure i have more boobish things around the house

Nah - Thems batteries were more negative than positive :(

- Write a Limerick, its a tradition around here, if it gets more than 10 Thanks's's you get awarded the freedom of Limerick City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerick_%28poetry%29

Sunshineoh, just from observation the way to meet n greet people in Ireland is by chatting to them like this in this thread. We generally prefer to get to know people via their personality rather than their statistics like age etc. Do people here agree with me?

we do patrick ;)

kilburn wrote: »
    we do patrick ;)

That 'Mad Pa' thing stuck did it?

• Advertisement

It did, i had a good chuckle reading those messages

Advertisement