Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need cheering up?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

And the video with the helicopter and the big trucks is better than the poxy one in the point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAmrZFwQ4NA&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

This 90's rock belongs in the 70's, why do you want to bring it into the tenzies? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

THall04 wrote: »
    I remember when these lads were the next big thing.....goin' to be bigger than U2!
    Think Joe Elliot (from Def Leppard) was their manager.

Less than a week after they stole the show, in front of thousands, at a music awards ceremony in the Point Depot.....I seen 'em play a gig in the Bridge Hotel in Waterford.........thirty-eight people turned up.....the mosh pit was class;)

Their roadies outnumbered the crowd......in fairness to them they were a great band , but this was better than Spinal Tap.

After their set a Discho came on and the dance floor filled with a few hundred fat middle aged women on the look out for yungfellas (Grab a Granny night...)

The look of disgust from the Milli-Vanilli like guitarist was priceless.

Think they broke up soon after that.

he he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Saw thread title, had hope, met with sh!te song.

Sentiment is good, Christmas number one should always be taken from the grasp of Simon Cowell and his minion of pop zombies but that song is not the one.

Personally I think we should champion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXg9KUiy00

• Advertisement

okok lets call a spade a spade. If you werent around when this song was first around you arent going to like it now.

The point ( if there is one) is that this is a slice of Irish 80s life thats long and granted maybe best forgotten. But in the times we are in..

Lads..
    It has to be Tom Waits..
    Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis..
    It was tried a couple of years ago but only got to 27 or something..
    Think i might start a facebook page..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

brummytom wrote: »
    When I saw the song title, I thought of that song: "Heart and soul, I fell in love with you heart and soul, the way a fool would do maaaadly..."

Anyone else?

I'm so gay :(

I was thinking it might be this one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

F* you, I won't do what ya tell me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Glam rock kinda song. Def Leppard-ish.

lovin it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

great memories on MTUSA. I know you kids are too young. :D

Reminds me of Vincent Hanley. Anyone even remenber that name?

Advertisement